whats your thoughts on akon

should he be labeled a singer or rapper?

cause the noise that comes from his mouth isnt singing.

hes just a guy with a accent that has a catchy beat to his songs.

but a singer he isnt IMO.

~Vindictive~ said:
should he be labeled a singer or rapper?

cause the noise that comes from his mouth isnt singing.

hes just a guy with a accent that has a catchy beat to his songs.

but a singer he isnt IMO.
he sounds more like rnb 2 me, but im wrong
one think i can be sure is that he's extacly tha same as nate dogg
always featurin wit rappers n singin the hook

*Riaz*

Well He Sounds Good On A Few Remixes Ive Heard Here Over At The Mix Em Up Section But I Never Really Liked Or Bought Any Of his Cd's Outta Store,
Couldnt Listen To Him Through-out a Full Track,
Just On Hooks!
Thats My Opinion :)

Pz Out

Yeah i would say rap singer like nate. i certainly dont think he's as good as nate dogg though, but he's in the same catagory musicly. it's taken me a while to really feel this guys voice but i dont mind it as much now

i didn't like him at first, but the way he is being force fed to everyone i must admit that he is growing on me...i don't think he will compare to nate just due to the fact nate has a much broader range but i think he will be around for a minute or two

P.U.

Akon a singer? He's just moaning on the mic, his voice is annoying, dunno why all people keep jumping on his nuts, the dude is the worst "singer" i have ever heard

ArtsyGirl

I dont mind Akon, I think he needs to chill on all the callabo's especially rap because as this thread proves he's blurring the line between R&B/Rap. But I think he has talent, a different sound and some fresh music - Atleast going by his album Trouble.

P.U. said:
Akon a singer? He's just moaning on the mic, his voice is annoying, dunno why all people keep jumping on his nuts, the dude is the worst "singer" i have ever heard

co-sign, that isnt singing, thats noise...dude shouldnt be labeled as a singer

Smack That ft Eminem is a killer tune, thats doin it in the clubs, on the radio, everwhere. Akon's new album was good, but I dont think he should try and act like a pimp. He should drop sweet ragga tunes. Nah'mean?

Sandeep14 said:
any1 seen the film black christmas? akon was the cop at the start, got a bag put over his head and got killed.
What, r u for real? I got that movie on my HD, is the movie set in the old days?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.