Whats your opinions of the 'Mockingbird' videoclip?

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
I just saw it. It's nice. A more personnal thing for him

It's just him sitting down watching home videos. So you see all these videos of Kim, Hailey growing up and shit...

your opinions?

Rayza

I thought it was funny when Kim let Hailie smash into the wall when she was sitting on that push car.

That shit about Em crying on TRL was made up, right?

It's a good viedo I liked it, very different, and no Rayza Em didn't cry, he got emotional talking about it, stopped a few times when he was talking about it, but there were no tears shead or about to be shead.

Fuck Man, Eminem needs to have more songs like this. None of that pop shit. more personal songs
This is a pop song! There's hardly any rapping. I don't call rhyming rapping. Eventhough Hailie's Song was not entirely rap, I loved it. A lot better than Mockingbird, in which he sings the whole time. On the other hand, the last part of Hailie's Song had a killer verse:

And I think my neck is breaking should I just give up,
Or try to live up to these expectations?
Now look, I love my daughter more than life in itself,
But I got a wife that's determined to make my life livin'hell
But I handle it well, given the circumstances I'm dealt
So many chances, man, it's too bad, coulda had someone else
But the years that I've wasted are nothing to the tears that I've tasted
So here's what im facin:
3 felonies, 6 years of probation
I've went to jail for this woman, I've been to bat for this woman
I've taken bats to peoples backs, bent over backwards for this woman

It's a good video, I understand where he's coming from, but I don't wanna see that shit on TV.
Too sensitive for you?

This is a pop song! There's hardly any rapping. I don't call rhyming rapping. Eventhough Hailie's Song was not entirely rap, I loved it.
How is Mockingbird not rapping? Just because he uses a soft tone of voice, which is understandable seeing how he literally is rapping to his daughter on the track, doesn't mean it's not rapping.

And Mockingbird is as pop as Dear Mama.

A lot better than Mockingbird, in which he sings the whole time. On the other hand, the last part of Hailie's Song had a killer verse:
I think both songs are equal because they're both good for different reasons. Mockingbird DEFINATELY more heartfelt and you're right, the third verse on Hailie's Song is killer.

LOL, I wonder how stupid Eminems dad must feel nowadays. I mean, he abandoned his kid at like 1 year old, and how his son is one of the most famous and respected musicians in the world.

Too sensitive for you?[/QUOTE]

How is Mockingbird not rapping?
Uhm, he's singing!

And Mockingbird is as pop as Dear Mama.
Stop telling jokes. Dear Mama is nothing like Mockingbird in lyrics.

his son is one of the most famous and respected musicians in the world
What are you talking about? The dude is not getting any respect. He's getting respect for his music, but not the person. Eminem is a joke, with the exception of his music. Even with his music, there are songs that belong in elementary school because they're as idiotic as possible.

Uhm, he's singing!
]

Yeah...on the hook...that's it. Rapping verses in a very soft tone of voice doesn't constitute singing man. He sings on the hook, not the verses.

Stop telling jokes. Dear Mama is nothing like Mockingbird in lyrics.
Not in lyrics, but it's not supposed to be. One is from a son to his mother, the other is from father to daughter. Same fucking concept of both songs though, just reversed.

What are you talking about? The dude is not getting any respect. He's getting respect for his music, but not the person. Eminem is a joke, with the exception of his music. Even with his music, there are songs that belong in elementary school because they're as idiotic as possible.
Dude is the only gues appearance Jay Z had on his final album, according to MTV. So if that's wrong, it ain't my fault. Either way, Jay Z asked him to produce a song and Em also rapped 2 verses on the song. Em has love and a friendship with Nas. Em is Dre's right hand man. Em is friends with Jadakiss. Em has the respect of everyone in the industry that counts, and that is what counts. Oh yeah, Em also has the friendship and respect of Russell Simmons.

You may be a Em hater, but truth is, he's got respect, he's got clout.

Eminem is a joke you say? OK...if you wanna believe that. He's only collabing with the best in the fucking game though.

Yeah...on the hook...that's it. Rapping verses in a very soft tone of voice doesn't constitute singing man. He sings on the hook, not the verses.
Apparently, you believe that rhyming equals rap. I believe rapping is rhyming is a hip hop feel. Take, for example....uhm, "Got It Twisted" by D12 or Eminem's DJ Kay Slay freestyle. That's rap. According to your thinking, anything that rhymes is rap. Does that mean Jessica Simpson, Michael Jackson, and other singers are rappers also?

Jessica Simpson:

Wish I could save the world
Like I was Supergirl...
But lately I've been jaded
Life got so complicated

- With You
Michael Jackson

Beat me, hate me
You can never break me
Will me, thrill me
You can never kill me
Jew me, Sue me
Everybody do me
Kick me, kike me
Don't you black or white me

Listen to the rest of "They Don't Care About Us" by Michael Jackson. Although its a great song with rhymes, its not rap.

You may be a Em hater, but truth is, he's got respect, he's got clout.
I like some of Em's music, but I can't say I ever had respect for him. People have respect for his music, but not the guy himself. There's a difference. He's a great rapper at times, and that's why he's on so many records with other people. Eminem is considered a joke because he acts like a child. Take a look at that song in which he makes fun of Michael Jackson. Little kids were laughing at it.

Em has the respect of everyone in the industry that counts
Who decides who counts and who does not count?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.