Whats with all the rap videos...

..having that split screen on the top and bottom?? Y'know where it's usually black, but instead of being black it's showing a diferent part of the video?? Seems like every new vid has that effect! Is it the same director doing all this or what?

jbrolax said:
hmm, i hardly watch videos what are some examples?
There's that new Beyonce vid featuring Slim Thug, and the new LL Cool J vid I think. And theres plenty more although I can't think of them at the moment.

S. Fourteen

I Know You Don't Love Me is done in a similar fashion. Must be the current trend.

--

The hours approaching, just give it your best
You got to reach your prime.
That’s when you need to put yourself to the test,
And show us a passage of time,
Were going to need a montage (montage)
Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Sure a lot of things happing at once,
With mind, everyone what’s going on (what’s going on?)
And when every shot you show a little improvement
Just Show it or it will take to long
that’s called a montage (montage)
Oh we want montage (montage)

And anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
You want a montage (montage)
even rocky had a montage (montage)

(Montage…montage)

Anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
You need a montage (montage)
Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Always fade out in a montage,
If you fade out, it seem like more time
Has passed in a montage,
Montage

TCD

Yeah it's Hype Williams. The first video of that type I saw was "Gold Digger" and now there's plenty of them.
Pharrel's "Angel", that Robin Thicke and Pharrell video should be added to the list.

the best one is the Neyo one based on the scenery but shit getting played out dont forget Diamonds on My neck by Smitty I think...Hype why cant you come back to making bright happy videos like Mo Money Mo Problems and Sunshine hahaha

his best video, to me, next to Big Pimpin and Hey Papi is Cali Love since its the most un-Hype like'

Deuce 7 Tha Psycho said:
i dont get whatchu talkin about :(
U know how u can pop in a dvd and view it on widescreen? When u put it on widescreen there are black portions above and under actual movie playing on ur television. They are the black portions streching horizontally so that ur "widescreen" picture appears centered on the tv. There are rap videos now, where the black portions used for centering are converted into a whole different video. So there are 2 videos playing at the same time to create one video. I personally think its too damn busy!!!!!!

Does that help?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.