whats jean grae's best album .

well, iv only got "this week"
and ill be buying another in the near future.

talkin of jean, she's been gettin alot of radioplay on Triple J in Australia lately. :thumb:

That's nice..well I dunno bout the radioplay she gets here i don't really keep my ears open to hip hop radio here...But i will pick that up again...

Frank Grimes said:
well, iv only got "this week"
and ill be buying another in the near future.

talkin of jean, she's been gettin alot of radioplay on Triple J in Australia lately. :thumb:
Really? That's gooood to hear, hopefully she comes down here and does a little promotion..Anyway my favorite album is Attack of the Attacking Things, then Bootleg of the Bootleg EP, and then This Week..which had some good tracks, but just didn't have the rawer feel of the previous albums...but the 9th Wonder album she is coming out with soon, Jeanius is real nice..probably (as I heard it) would be my second favorite album of hers, if it remains the same way I heard it.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
This Week is her best album because it consists of a couple of dope beats and she actually flows on them. If you say that another album is better than that one, that's like saying Infinite is Eminem's best album.

S O F I S T I K said:
This Week is her best album because it consists of a couple of dope beats and she actually flows on them. If you say that another album is better than that one, that's like saying Infinite is Eminem's best album.
Music is subjective, it depends on what criteria you judge the music by. I don't care so much for flow as I do for lyrical content, her flow is definately better on This Week, but her rhymes lack substance..And the Eminem comparison isn't right, the differences between her albums aren't as significant as Eminem's were. The production difference between all the albums is debatable, while her most recent album is definately better production, and more professional sounding, the difference isn't too much.

Yeah I agree if you say this week is her best album tho..It's strong you can call that strong right? I feel like she actually put some time into that...I feel like her other things were just a start and maybe you should see this week as her only real album...It is definetly an improvement..That doesn't mean you can't like her other albums/things tho..

LIke I said I like almost all...But yeah I agree this week is her best as an actual album. See it as canibus b4 rip the jacker and after^

And btw I heard they were going to change the whole 9th/grae collabo into sumthing new since it leaked so early..I dunno if it's true...but I hope it will be dope but I don't expect ne bad music ...9th has a good rep...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.