What Will It Take

I'm so fucking frustrated with the state of rap music anymore. God, I long to have the days back circa 1991-1996, when rap music was at it's absolute best. Back then you had Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg, 2pac, Warren G., Da Brat, Ice Cube, Nate Dogg, Tha Dogg Pound, Meth, Red, the Wu, Biggie, Nas, Jay, Westside Connection, Scarface, all these people were on top and they were the best. Even the ones that didn't focus on conscious rap rather party rap, still had good music.

Nowadays it's mostly bullshit and any rappers trying to make real statements (other than Eminem and Nas) don't get any real play. Common's last album completely flopped from what I hear. I haven't heard the album myself, but I'd like to. However, I don't have to hear it to know what the sales are doing. So, who are the top guys today? 50 Cent, Ludacris, Lil Jon, The Eastside Boyz, Jadakiss, Ja Rule, Ying Yang Twinz, Lil Flip, Mike Jones...a bunch of people who have nothing to fucking offer. Some will disagree with me on Luda, Jada and Ja...but that's fine, it's your opinion. My opinion is, neither of those three have anything to offer. Jadakiss is probably the most overrated piece of shit in the game right now. 50 Cent isn't far behind. 50's saving grace is that he knows how to write catchy tunes and Dr. Dre does a lot of his producing. I'm an underground white rapper in Detroit who's ugly as fuck...gimme Dre to produce my beats and I'll be droppin' #1's too. Having Dr. Dre as your main producer is like playing on a team with a 25 year old Michael Jordan...how can you possibly lose?

So...my question is, will there ever be a time where the state of the game gets back to a decent level of respectability, because IMO, we have a bunch of bitches (save for about 6 or 7 acts) running the game.

roaches

What exactly did Nate Dogg, DPG, Westside Connection, and Da Brat have to offer that Ludacris, Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz, Jadakiss, Ja Rule, Ying Yang Twinz, Lil Flip, and Mike Jones don't have to offer?

And you realize that the last time 50 Cent released a single with a Dr. Dre beat was "In Da Club", right?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.