What/Who Introduced You To Rap

I remember i was around 7, 8, 9 (somewhere in there) and my dad was datin this girl and when we would go somewhere she would turn on 102.5 (Bay Area Station) and i remember hearing it and i thought it was tight. from then on i was into it. my alarm clock was set to that station and it seemed like everyday it went off it would play tha song Don't Leave Me Girl by Blackstreet (i love that song). i also remember when i was like 6 at my mom's apartment i was flippin around tha channels and i saw tha california love video and i liked it. good times, good times :(.

What or Who Introduced You To Rap.

Actually listened to Will Smith when I was like 8 and 9, I'm only 16 now, but, I at the time all my friends and shit watched WCW wrestling, and thier was this dude on there named K-Dawg, and he was like the coolest wrestler, and he was a "rapper" lol, they always played his song and the video and shit.

But I didn't get heavily into rap untill like 6th grade when my dude introduced me to Eminem, DMX, and Xzibit, those were like the first major rappers I listened to.

I've "listened" to rap since the beginning of 90's. The first rap video I ever saw was Ice Cube's remix of "the message", where he is in prison. And ever since then my interests grew and grew....

JL

i always liked rap music back when i was younger and then my mate got the snoop dogg - doggystyle tape when i was 10 and we use to listen to kriss kross when they were out but really got into rap bout 95/96. but snoops the reason i listen to rap

my ex-boyfriend is an eminem fan, so i started listening to rap cuz of him. After that I met a friend who introduced me to real rap, and artists like 2pac, biggie, dmx...

I was listening to Limp Bizkit and all that at around 11. Then I heard that song "N 25 Gether Now" with Method and I thought it was hot. So I started looking out for other rappers and I just slowly got into it.

When I was 8 or 7, I used to listen to Will Smith, and then a buy Puff Daddy's No Way Out, and then Jay-Z's Hard Knock Life, and then DMX first Album, and then...

ARon

I kinda think it is funny tht some poeple actually had to be introduced to rap, but maybe thats just me. Been around since day one so i really couldn't tell you.

Shadows

when i was young, all we could do was listen to music.
my mom would bump zapp and roger and oldies and stuff.
while my bros bumped cypress hill and tupac all day.

My brother got me in to rap when I was 7 or 8, he had the Snoop Doggy Dogg album 'Doggystyle' on cassette, I thought the shit was amazing. Then he gave me a Bone Thugs & Harmony track on cassette, and from then on I've been listening to the music.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.