What Songs Do You Think Should Have Been Singles Or Videos

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
alright so i wanna know which song would of more fitted an artist if he brought it out as a single or even a video. Imo i think kanye west's "never let me down" should have been made a single instead of workout plan , that song was a fucking banger

opinions??

Lil' Wayne - Earthquake. This song was real big with the ladies when it first came out. He really could've built a bigger female audience with this track. Besides, it has 'radio appeal'.

xzibit - ride n smoke

warren g - 213 game dont wait remix

jadakiss - kiss of death ft styles p

fat joe - victim (street / buzz single)

ja rule where im from.

Zimbabwe said:
alright so i wanna know which song would of more fitted an artist if he brought it out as a single or even a video. Imo i think kanye west's "never let me down" should have been made a single instead of workout plan , that song was a fucking banger

opinions??

"Never Let Me Down" is one of those deeper songs. It hits closer to home. It's not commercial. Most of the time, the deeper songs are the best ones on the album, but the ROC has built a history off of not releasing these as singles. They'd rather release the commercial ones. Check any album...

The Blueprint
Singles: Girls Girls Girls, Izzo, Song Cry (...this is an exception)
Songs that "hit closer to home" (Best Songs): Never Change, Heart of the City

Blueprint 2
Singles: Bonnie & Clyde 03, Excuse Me Miss
Deeper/Better Songs: A Dream, Some How Some Way

Black Album
Singles: Dirt Off Your Shoulder, 99 Problems, Encore
Deeper/Better Songs: December 4th, Moment of Clarity, My 1st Song

Cam'ron-Come Home With Me
Singles: Hey Ma, Oh Boy, Daydreaming
Deeper/Better Songs: Welcome to NYC, Losing Weight P. II

Young Gunz-Tough Luv
Singles: No Better Love, Friday Night, Can't Stop Won't Stop
Deeper/Better Songs: Roc U, Tough Luv

Memphis Bleek-M.A.D.E.
Singles: Round Here, Need Me In Your Life (?)
Deeper/Better Songs: Understand Me Still, My Life

...other labels do the same thing. If they released the 3 best songs from the album everytime, no one would have reason to even listen to the CD, let alone buy it.

Zimbabwe said:

opinions??
True

I wish Pac would have made a video for Fuck Em All, My Dyin Day, or LastOnesLeft.

Letter 2 My Unborn was a radio single but it should've been a video single also. Also Thugz Mansion without Nas should've had a video.

Theres plenty of Pac songs that should've been singles at least to me

Who Do You Believe In
Better Dayz
Cause I Had To
Let Em Have It
Happy Home
Troublesome
Fuckin Wit The Wrong Nigga

I'm pissed at Afeni, she could've at least made videos for "Who Do You Believe In" & "Better Dayz". Instead she made videos for singles like "Runnin", "Thugz Mansion" w/Nas, and "Ghetto Gospel" which were all wack and didn't go anywhere on video countdowns.

Diaz

Hituup said:
Letter 2 My Unborn was a radio single but it should've been a video single also. Also Thugz Mansion without Nas should've had a video.

Theres plenty of Pac songs that should've been singles at least to me

Who Do You Believe In
Better Dayz
Cause I Had To
Let Em Have It
Happy Home
Troublesome
Fuckin Wit The Wrong Nigga

I'm pissed at Afeni, she could've at least made videos for "Who Do You Believe In" & "Better Dayz". Instead she made videos for singles like "Runnin", "Thugz Mansion" w/Nas, and "Ghetto Gospel" which were all wack and didn't go anywhere on video countdowns.
It's rumored that Who Do U Believe in has a video. It's rumored that Dante has it.

Confucius87, Lil' Wayne did make a video for "Earthquake" the joint with Jazze Pha and the Al Green "Let's Stay Together" sample I taped it off 106, but don't know which tape it's on but that song sucks any damn ways!

Of course the feeling is mutual with so many of us, because I remember people being pissed off highly that no video was done for Pac's "My Block (Remix)" which they really should have gone ahead and done that!

Kanye West feat. Talib Kweli & Common - Get Em' High
Young Buck - Thou Shall
Usher - Throwback
Lil' Jon & The Eastside Boyz - Knockin' Headz Off & Get Crunk
Common - It's Your World ...Instead of his next single "Testify"
Lil' Scrappy feat. Bohagon - Be Real
Notorious B.I.G. - Niggaz Bleed

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.