What shows are you going to?

roaches

I'm ashamed of myself, but I haven't seen a hip-hop show since last fall (it was Tribe, though...). T.I. sold out, I've already seen the Roots three times, and there wasn't much else happening, sue me.

The summer's looking hot, though. I'll go to the Anger Management tour again if I get free tickets again (that shit is pricey).

Theottobar (in Baltimore) has a couple of promising-looking shows this summer:
http://www.theottobar.com/schedule.htm
5/19: Boot Camp Clik (reading between the lines... Buckshot + Sean P)
5/25: Zion I / Opio of the Hieroglyphics
6/12: Inspectah Deck, Planet Asia, Afu Ra

9:30 Club in DC:
5/25: Buckshot, GZA
7/6: Digable Planets

Sonar in Baltimore:
5/24: C Rayz Walz, Vast Aire, J-Live

That's me, unless anything else jumps off. I hear Snoop Dogg might be in town, dunno if I want to see him, though.

roaches said:
I'm ashamed of myself, but I haven't seen a hip-hop show since last fall (it was Tribe, though...). T.I. sold out, I've already seen the Roots three times, and there wasn't much else happening, sue me.

The summer's looking hot, though. I'll go to the Anger Management tour again if I get free tickets again (that shit is pricey).

Theottobar (in Baltimore) has a couple of promising-looking shows this summer:
http://www.theottobar.com/schedule.htm
5/19: Boot Camp Clik (reading between the lines... Buckshot + Sean P)
5/25: Zion I / Opio of the Hieroglyphics
6/12: Inspectah Deck, Planet Asia, Afu Ra

9:30 Club in DC:
5/25: Buckshot, GZA
7/6: Digable Planets

Sonar in Baltimore:
5/24: C Rayz Walz, Vast Aire, J-Live

That's me, unless anything else jumps off. I hear Snoop Dogg might be in town, dunno if I want to see him, though.
The only thing I'm going to this year is the Shady/Aftermath "Anger Management 2 Tour". The entire card rocks with the exception of 50 Cent and Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz. I'm dying to see Eminem, Proof, Obie, Kuniva, Young Buck and Lloyd Banks live.

What's fucked up is that I've been listening to rap music for 23 years and this concert is the FIRST rap concert I've ever been to. Which is admittedly pathetic if you ask me. Though, actually, I have seen rappers live before. I went to Kid Rock about 2 years ago and Run DMC opened for him. That concert was LITERALLY just like a month before JMJ was killed.

But, other than Eminem and other Aftermath artists, I wouldn't pay to see any other rapper live because mainstream rap nowadays is 90% bullshit and 10% substance.

EDIT: I take that back, I'd still pay to see Royce live, Cube live, NWA (the remaining members) live, Warren G. and Tha Dogg Pound if they ever reformed.

Now, 10 years ago I'd have paid in a heart beat to see 2pac, Snoop, Tha Dogg Pound, Warren G., Westside Connection and a few other acts.

jason_g_718 said:
The only thing I'm going to this year is the Shady/Aftermath "Anger Management 2 Tour". The entire card rocks with the exception of 50 Cent and Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz. I'm dying to see Eminem, Proof, Obie, Kuniva, Young Buck and Lloyd Banks live.

What's fucked up is that I've been listening to rap music for 23 years and this concert is the FIRST rap concert I've ever been to. Which is admittedly pathetic if you ask me. Though, actually, I have seen rappers live before. I went to Kid Rock about 2 years ago and Run DMC opened for him. That concert was LITERALLY just like a month before JMJ was killed.

But, other than Eminem and other Aftermath artists, I wouldn't pay to see any other rapper live because mainstream rap nowadays is 90% bullshit and 10% substance.

EDIT: I take that back, I'd still pay to see Royce live, Cube live, NWA (the remaining members) live, Warren G. and Tha Dogg Pound if they ever reformed.

Now, 10 years ago I'd have paid in a heart beat to see 2pac, Snoop, Tha Dogg Pound, Warren G., Westside Connection and a few other acts.
Sorry to disapoint but Obie Trice is rubbish live.

DPG iz all I C said:
Sorry to disapoint but Obie Trice is rubbish live.
No he's not. Two weeks into the new year I registered myself in a battle at the famous The Shelter in Detroit (the exact same place that Rabbit battled in 8 Mile). The battle was actually being hosted by Proof and Bizarre (yes, I got to meet both).

Anyway, after the battles were done, Proof, Bizzie, Obie and a couple other guys that I never heard of got on stage and performed a little bit. Obie performed "Average Man", "Hey Lady" and "Spread Yo Shit", and I thought he did great. Of course, Comerica Park holds probably 30,000 people, whereas The Shelter holds about 200 people.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.