What prompted Dogg Pound's New York New York track?

I know that the beef was brewing at that time, but what in particular inspired the Dogg Pound to make New York, New York? Were they dissing anyone in particular?

Snoop's "Yo God! Yo, God" line at the beginning is the funniest thing to me since all of that "Yo God" shit that Wutang and others are saying sounds so ridiculous.

"Yo, I got mad skills... isn't that Money?"

Yea, it was jokes... From what the DPG said themselves, the song wasn't intended to diss anyone, but rather show love for New York.

Of course, that's a load of bullshit. The word is that Biggie had a St. Ide's commercial on the radio at the time with the same beat, and that is why the beat was used for "NY, NY"...

Krazy187 said:
"Yo, I got mad skills... isn't that Money?"

Yea, it was jokes... From what the DPG said themselves, the song wasn't intended to diss anyone, but rather show love for New York.

Of course, that's a load of bullshit. The word is that Biggie had a St. Ide's commercial on the radio at the time with the same beat, and that is why the beat was used for "NY, NY"...
the st. ides commercial beat was produced by DJ Pooh who DJed for Snoop so they lifted the instrumental and extended it and that's how it happened

if you listen to the song, it could be taken as a 'BIG UP' to new york, but @ the same time it could be look'd as a diss.............but yeah they did say it was not intended as a diss

Kurupt even says in the song that he's serving "2000 Mc's".

How is he not dissing them?? Last I heard, its not nice to be serving MCs.

"Give a fuck what's your name/ what you claim/ or why you came/ motherfucker don't explain"

Sounds like a diss to NY on that line cuz of how they all say their name and how they rep this borough and shit.

don't speak about stuff you don't understand

there was a story about kurupt going to new york & being at a night club or some shit and had back-to-back-to-back-to-back freestyle battles and whooped everyones ass. that's how the "2000 MC's" shit came along

DUB CEE said:

there was a story about kurupt going to new york & being at a night club or some shit and had back-to-back-to-back-to-back freestyle battles and whooped everyones ass. that's how the "2000 MC's" shit came along
Haha man I'm not saying I understand, I'm just asking question. I ask questions because I DON'T understand fully!

Dope story btw. I could believe that shit, itd be dope to have seen Kurupt rippin MCs apart in freestyle battles.

MOBnigga06 said:
Haha man I'm not saying I understand, I'm just asking question. I ask questions because I DON'T understand fully!

Dope story btw. I could believe that shit, itd be dope to have seen Kurupt rippin MCs apart in freestyle battles.
lol it's cool i'm not mad or anything. just don't wanna see rumors starting

shinehigh

Shine High 4 Life
what movie did they get the hook from? i can't remember but ut was dude singig that in the subway ... I think the dude from ferris bullers day off was in it trying to direct movies or somthing for school.

Mr.Deuce said:
i had this question for a long time.
tyte track though.
I remember I put up the full version that didn't have Kurupt cut off a very long time ago. Does anyone still have that gem I put up?

if not it's time to go into safe mode with my old hard drive and find it.

DUB CEE said:

:woah: I didn't know this. Kurupt was really powerful back in the days... But, why he didn't battle with DMX once when he had chance. Instead, he later came with the wack diss song 'Callling Out Names'... ;)

troublesome2004 said:
:woah: I didn't know this. Kurupt was really powerful back in the days... But, why he didn't battle with DMX once when he had chance. Instead, he later came with the wack diss song 'Callling Out Names'... ;)
my favorite verse from him is from Puffin On Blunts freestyle session. my god he rips it up.

and nah that Callin Out Names was dope. Peep the lyrics a little more and it comes out hard. First time I heard it I didn't really like it then I read up on their beef and I was like DAMN.

DUB CEE said:
I remember I put up the full version that didn't have Kurupt cut off a very long time ago. Does anyone still have that gem I put up?

if not it's time to go into safe mode with my old hard drive and find it.

Yo if you could up that, that'd be extremely dope. I was actually thinking of posting and asking if anyone has a full version of the song. I was reluctant to ask cuz I figured maybe my copy was fucked up or something. I'd love to hear it in full.

MOBnigga06 said:
Yo if you could up that, that'd be extremely dope. I was actually thinking of posting and asking if anyone has a full version of the song. I was reluctant to ask cuz I figured maybe my copy was fucked up or something. I'd love to hear it in full.
I'll do it later if no one uploads it because I gotta go to the college and study for my big test tomorrow

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
well tragedy khadafi,capone,noreaga and mobb deep deffinetly took it as a diss.

anybody seen the "LA LA" video? where they kidnap a daz look alike and throw him off the bridge

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
LA LA? it was the response track...its on Capone-N-Noreaga's "war report". The track in specific is called "LA,LA (kuwait remix)".

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.