What Is Royce Da 5"9 status in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adxg

As a foreigner just wondering how well known Royce Da 5"9 is in America? Is he a millionare or a hundred grand man like T.I.
Dude can spit but reminds me of LL cool j minus the roids.

I actually live in Detroit.

I would say that he is kind of in limbo status right now in the eyes of rap fans here. I mean, he is nowhere near an Eminem or Proof. If you ask a rap fan if they know who Royce Da 5'9" is, they'll tell you yeah, but he's not known outside of the genre.

I'd say AT MOST he's a 6 figure guy. Probably just selling enough records to keep his family fed and living in a house.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
jason_g_718 said:
I actually live in Detroit.

I would say that he is kind of in limbo status right now in the eyes of rap fans here. I mean, he is nowhere near an Eminem or Proof. If you ask a rap fan if they know who Royce Da 5'9" is, they'll tell you yeah, but he's not known outside of the genre.

I'd say AT MOST he's a 6 figure guy. Probably just selling enough records to keep his family fed and living in a house.
Nowhere near Proof?
I cant remember Proof having a solid album :confused:

ThUg $TyLe said:
Arite i see, i thought u meant on a lyrical basis :thumb:
Well, I did. I meant in all aspects.

The only thing is that Proof is yet to put out a solo album.

It is ABSURD that Proof doesn't have a solo album yet.

His verses on "Loyalty" and "40 oz" alone show his skill and the fact that he should have a solo effort.

Didn't someone say Bizarre is going to be the first to drop a solo record?

Is Eminem on fucking crack? Why is he laying low on Proof?

in all aspects...? i say lyrically royce shits on proof...proof really aint all that...he might be the best of D12...but thats it...

ha just to start a discussion here...

but uhm..i can tell you why he is probably not giving proof so much attention...Maybe proof didnt want to..like i read somewhere that he asked d12 how big they wanted to be...how famous...and u know what they chose...

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
jason_g_718 said:
Well, I did. I meant in all aspects.

The only thing is that Proof is yet to put out a solo album.

It is ABSURD that Proof doesn't have a solo album yet.

His verses on "Loyalty" and "40 oz" alone show his skill and the fact that he should have a solo effort.

Didn't someone say Bizarre is going to be the first to drop a solo record?

Is Eminem on fucking crack? Why is he laying low on Proof?
Proof does need to release a solo album, he is my favourite member of D12, but i don't think he is on Royce's level, Royce put out one of the hottest albums last year, not sure Proof could match Royce.

ThUg $TyLe said:
Proof does need to release a solo album, he is my favourite member of D12, but i don't think he is on Royce's level, Royce put out one of the hottest albums last year, not sure Proof could match Royce.
Proof can match Royce alone in skills.

Shit, even Royce gave Proof hella props:

"The only canon in the group is planted wherever Proof's at/ when I speak to Em and Proof/ I'm speaking with love/ The other 4 members can end up bith Bugz".

Add the fact that Eminem is Proof's best friend and Proof will have no problem.

When/if Proof ever drops solo, I'm predicting 2x platinum.

jason_g_718 said:
Proof can match Royce alone in skills.

Shit, even Royce gave Proof hella props:

"The only canon in the group is planted wherever Proof's at/ when I speak to Em and Proof/ I'm speaking with love/ The other 4 members can end up bith Bugz".

Add the fact that Eminem is Proof's best friend and Proof will have no problem.

When/if Proof ever drops solo, I'm predicting 2x platinum.
BUt not cuz of his skillz my friend....he will sell cuz HE IS PROOF...

PROOF OF D12 PROOF WHO IS COOL WITH EMINEM...its not a fair contest...

And just cuz royce gives him props doesnt mean he can match him...even if he can match him royce might be able to outdo him neway...cuz i think royce is better than proof...

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Proof will outsell Royce, but it doesnt mean hes better, i think Proof has got skills, but i really cant put him up there lyrically wit Royce.

But saying that Proof needs a solo album, to see what he can do on his own.

Hurts said:
BUt not cuz of his skillz my friend....he will sell cuz HE IS PROOF...

PROOF OF D12 PROOF WHO IS COOL WITH EMINEM...its not a fair contest...

And just cuz royce gives him props doesnt mean he can match him...even if he can match him royce might be able to outdo him neway...cuz i think royce is better than proof...
Wow, for the first time you actually came with an intelligent post.

Proof will sell BOTH because of his skills AND his affiliations.

Also, don't be dump, hip hop heads know that Royce/Em used to be as close as Em/Proof. I'll bet that a lot of people who picked up Royce's shit did so because they knew he used to be down with Eminem, I know that's why I picked up Royce's shit.

And if nothing else, Royce obviously respects Proof, otherwise he wouldn't have given him props.

opinions are opinions and in mine, Proof is better than Royce.

jason_g_718 said:
Wow, for the first time you actually came with an intelligent post.

Proof will sell BOTH because of his skills AND his affiliations.

Also, don't be dump, hip hop heads know that Royce/Em used to be as close as Em/Proof. I'll bet that a lot of people who picked up Royce's shit did so because they knew he used to be down with Eminem, I know that's why I picked up Royce's shit.

And if nothing else, Royce obviously respects Proof, otherwise he wouldn't have given him props.

opinions are opinions and in mine, Proof is better than Royce.
Yeah the props thing is irrelevant again...hate to kill it lol

Proof wont sell cuz of his skillz ....its a fact dont deny it...how did promatic or sumthin do? did they sell good thats a question...

And what has em and royce being close to do with proof besides that proof is close...too...it has nothing to do with royce and proof .... i musta missed sumthin please explain that 1 for me

Hurts said:
Yeah the props thing is irrelevant again...hate to kill it lol

Proof wont sell cuz of his skillz ....its a fact dont deny it...how did promatic or sumthin do? did they sell good thats a question...

And what has em and royce being close to do with proof besides that proof is close...too...it has nothing to do with royce and proof .... i musta missed sumthin please explain that 1 for me
"It's a fact, don't deny it"?

Dude, that's not a fact.

Fact: 2pac is the best selling rapper EVER
Opinion: Eminem sells records cuz of Dre

Learn the difference.

jason_g_718 said:
"It's a fact, don't deny it"?

Dude, that's not a fact.

Fact: 2pac is the best selling rapper EVER
Opinion: Eminem sells records cuz of Dre

Learn the difference.
No eminem used to sell cuz of dre...get updated....lol

that was on his first 2 albums on aftermath maybe...

and now its a fact that proof will sell cuz he is part of D12...

are u gonna answer my other question or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.