What happened to Masta Killa?

masta247

Staff member
He lost his form.

Check this track from the latest Cappadonna album:

[YOUTUBE]XqKeXWUrY_0[/YOUTUBE]

Rewind that to 1:40 to Masta Killa's verse.
I don't know if it's just me or does he suck there. Only the beginning of his verse sounds okay to me. Then barely anything rhymes there properly, don't you think?
He used to be pretty dope and his wordplay was also decent.
His new album "I'm the Masta" is about to be released soon so I guess we'll see but I had high hopes for it.

Bobby Sands

The only Masta Killa album i bought was NO Said Date. that was pretty good but i never bought any of his other albums. i like him but his voice is a little boring imo.

Casey

Staff member
There's a reason why it took him damn near 15 years after 'Enter The Wu Tang' to release anything.

TheCat

am surprised you gave Cappadonna's new album a listen..

so... was it actually any good?

honestly i was curious my self, but too scared in fear it would be shit like his last few albums.

masta247

Staff member
am surprised you gave Cappadonna's new album a listen..

so... was it actually any good?

honestly i was curious my self, but too scared in fear it would be shit like his last few albums.
quite honestly it was shitty. Not any worse than latest Inspectah deck ones though.
A few nice beats and close to none good verses.

TheCat

yeh, Deck has been really dissapointing, but i really enjoyed the mixtape album The Resident Patient. i felt it was much better then the prior 2 albums he released.

i think i have given up on Cappa now, atleast Killah Priest is still making good albums.

masta247

Staff member
I really like Cappadonna but like Bobby said in some other thread - his solo albums suck. I love "the pillage" though. It's the only Cappadonna album I really enjoy.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.