What happened to Jeru The Damaja

What happened to him. I still bang his cds that came out in 1994 and 1996, then he did nothing til he dropped a cd in 2003 which flopped. Correct me if im wrong

No idea what happened to him, I used to be a big fan. I met him at a hiphop weekender about 4 years ago, I didn't even recognise him from the albums I had, and he kicked my ass at Tekken Tag on one of the Playstation boothes they had around the site. I just thought he was some cool black dude in a big hat. 10 mins later I saw him on stage rapping!

I brought his new album Devine Design about a year ago and still havent opened it and gotten around to listening to it yet. What happened to him?

The Sun Rises in the East was a fucking great work of art.

But anyway, I heard that Primo was fucking his sister and Jeru broke ties with him. So he doesn't have the big name producer behind him anymore.

Mr Matt said:
No idea what happened to him, I used to be a big fan. I met him at a hiphop weekender about 4 years ago, I didn't even recognise him from the albums I had, and he kicked my ass at Tekken Tag on one of the Playstation boothes they had around the site. I just thought he was some cool black dude in a big hat. 10 mins later I saw him on stage rapping!

Damn, that sounds crazy, who else was there

FDAPolice said:
Mr Matt said:

Damn, that sounds crazy, who else was there
It was the first Dedbeat weekender in the UK, Jeru was one of the main acts, Pharcyde were there, Aphex Twin, a load of UK acts and a bunch of people I was far too wasted to remember.

As far as I know Dedbeat still put these events on every year, one of the best things I ever been to.

Peace.

FDAPolice said:
That really cool, lol at i was 2 wasted to remember
Heh, you know what's really fucked up is that I just looked up the line up from that weekender I was at and I have no recollection of seeing "Big Daddy Kane" or "Roots Manuva"!

Check this for the lineup;
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1441036/20010227/story.jhtml

Still had a wicked weekend, I also saw Blackalicious 3 times at various Dedbeat events, now they were the best event I EVER saw live. I even slapped hands with Chief XL at the first one!

Matt

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.