What Ever Happened 2 Them Thread

FDAPolice said:
Jurassic 5
Basically the group's career is in limbo. Over the summer it lost one of its core members, DJ Cut Chemist, while Zaakir and Marc 7 have moved out of L.A. to persue solo projects away from the rest of the group. Chali 2na has made a few less than impressive guest appearances, most notably his collaboartion with British rapper Roots Manuva.

A new Jurassic 5 album entitled Feedback is slated to drop at the end of July. The four leaked tracks I've heard are wack although if your a hardcore J5 fan you'll be happy to know they're staple sound is still in tact (heavy verbal acrobatics, funk and smoke a blunt joints) Gone, sadly, are the genre-defining scratches and cut-and-paste sound collages of Cut Chemist.

albohemia said:
Basically the group's career is in limbo. Over the summer it lost one of its core members, DJ Cut Chemist, while Zaakir and Marc 7 have moved out of L.A. to persue solo projects away from the rest of the group. Chali 2na has made a few less than impressive guest appearances, most notably his collaboartion with British rapper Roots Manuva.

A new Jurassic 5 album entitled Feedback is slated to drop at the end of July. The four leaked tracks I've heard are wack although if your a hardcore J5 fan you'll be happy to know they're staple sound is still in tact (heavy verbal acrobatics, funk and smoke a blunt joints) Gone, sadly, are the genre-defining scratches and cut-and-paste sound collages of Cut Chemist.
Thanks

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Little Skittle said:
Spent all of his earnings from his first album on crack. That's no joke, he lives 3-4 miles from my house in a broke ass house.
Damn, not the way to go. But, I heard he had a second album out, though.

You ever visit him? lol

7 Syns

albohemia said:
Chali 2na has made a few less than impressive guest appearances, most notably his collaboartion with British rapper Roots Manuva.
I disagree, his collaborations with Roots Manuva have been great. Join The Dots especially.

peace.

7 Syns said:
I disagree, his collaborations with Roots Manuva have been great. Join The Dots especially.

peace.
Anyone who is familiar with British Hip Hop will know that around the time Roots dropped this track he was still crafting a career from riding a wave of novelty on NME hype and it shows.

As for Chali 2na, he just sounds mind-numbing and dull; the most entertaining thing he does here is namedrop Anthony Kiedis, which could be palatable if his voice weren't so monotone. Also, whats with his world record breaking attempt at fitting the word 'just' into a verse more times than anyone else? I guess It could be a JUSTified stroke of genius since he does need to be renowned for something new now that Jurassic 5 has gone down the pan.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.