What does Lil Cease do these days?

He is still grinding away. I think he has been lying low since the Lil Kim trial but Junior Mafia brought out a new cd in May called Riot Musik. I really like it!

He was also at the VH1 Hip Hop Honours doing a tribute to Biggie by rapping 1 verse of One More Chance!

he's smoking crack now. He was playing a tribute for Biggie in the "Hip Hop Honours" awards or something, and he sounded like trash. He's done.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Look @ it this way if you want...

Bigg=EastCoast 2Pac
Junior Maf/Cease=EastCoast Outlawz

Outlawz w/o Pac flopped...same thing happened here.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
2 Me the only person that comes 2 Mind to agree w/ U on that 1 was Kim...but still she always seemed 2 do her thing solo. Same w/ the LOX...but Iunno, I wasnt THAT much in2 rap back then, so maybe All About the Benjamins had a greater impact than I thought.

Same could be said w/ Pac tho, other artists were around him and kinda got some exposure from him, but were always on a solo tip. Not sure bout Jr Mafia [altho Im sure its the same] but w/ the Lawz they were pretty much always up in Pac's shit, so they never really had a chance 2 shine [altho I doubt they couldve] solo, jus as Pac features. So w/o Pac, the features fade out.

HellRazor05 said:
makin classic Biggie songs sound like shit.
I think you mean Puffy lol.

JM were all signed to Kim's label but after she walked out on JM she refused to let them out of their contracts so they had to wait until it expired. Listen to Riot Musik. It is 10 times better than any Outlawz album.

Cease did butcher One More Chance at VH1 Hip Hop Honours but it was a tribute and he of all people deserves a latform to pay tribute to Biggie.

Also, Kim was caught on camera with Damien Butler walking out of Hot 97. She said he wasn't there. She also denied knowing C Gutta. He is a member of JM that has appeared in her videos and has been shouted out on records by Biggie. Of course she knew him. Even I knew him.

What the fuck was Cease meant to do? He was subpoenad and they had wire taps of his phone calls. All he could do was to either go to court or not go to court. Not going would see him go to prison and for what? Remember Kim is the reason he was broke. He could have signed to other labels but she refused to put out any JM material or release them from their contracts.

If I were Cease I would have done the same thing! Fuck Kim! She is even trying to stop JM telling their side of the story in a new dvd. She is trying to blackball them but they have the talent to still be successful. They are about more than Biggie whereas The Outlawz kept releasing boring, low budget music that was shit!

HellRazor05 said:
^All About The Benjamins did have a pretty big impact. I mean, to this day that song is still played at least once a day on Hot 97 in NY.
Well, it is coming from east coast rapper so you would expect that song to be played a lot on hot 97. and its no secret that radio station is known for its coast dick riding. i dont know how much of impact that song had but i wouldn't say if it had big impact because of constant air play on hot 97 because most of the stuff they play there is uncomparable. i guess what im trying to say is that i wouldnt trust hot 97 and say this song had big impact since it got a lot of play on hot 97.

HellRazor05 said:
Whether it got play in other parts of the country or the world it was still a big hit and you can't deny that. Shit, even my moms knows the words to that song. It may not have had a huge impact on the entire scene......but anyone who's anyone in rap today knows that song. That's more than you can say for a lot of other songs.

So, i guess it had big impact in east coast and thats where it stops?.
Im not disagreeing on you i guess that song had a big impact but im disagreeing on you with the reason you giving me - because it got a lot of play in hot 97. can you come up some other reasons why it might have big impact other then it got a lot of playing time in radio. i know radios arent the only ones that determine if the song is good or bad.

I don't jump on the waggon. whatever dj's play in radios people seem to think its the shit so they all join the waggon and that way they make it a 'hit' song i guess. i disagree with that. you should be able to listen to the song yourself and determine if its good. but no, you put on radio and listen and then burn that song and next day you spread the word out. i just dislike radios in NY and how people like to call a song 'hit' because it was played in hot 97. its like freakin politics. thats it and thats all my new yorker mate.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.