What do u think is ruin hip hop?

personally i think people being focuse on the money end more than anything was like a doubble edge sword. its cool to get paid but the creativeness went down. the art of hip hop went from da vinchi to little kids hand painting. I think thats why producers are still are in such high demand. most of the artist arnt artist.
let me know what yall think!

i think people who love the old school hip hop are just complaining about the huge changes made in hip hop over the past years.
Dont get me wrong, im one of them. i love early 90's to mid 90's stuff and i personally think hiphop has gotten shitty since the very late 90's and gotten even worse in 2000-2005.

but you dont expect somethin to last forever do you? hip hop changed for newer audience and newer sound imo and some people like them right? otherwise theyd sell no record at all if everyone thought old school is the best and newer stuff is ruinin hip hop. but not all people think that way i know many people who love mordern hip hop but hate oldschool. sure publicity stunts and other ads and stuff like that affect the new listener to listen to the mordern hip hop but i really doubt it affects 100% of the sales modern artists make.

so if you like old school hip hop better, you just gotta accept the fact that hiphop changed a lot and so you should just keep listenin to oldschool stuff like i do :p
and i really think all the people who think hiphops being ruined should consider using the word "changed" instead of "ruined" or "dying" or "destroyed"...cause really imo it hasnt been ruined, died, or destroyed but has changed a lot...

ill-matic said:
I think you're stupid, and I also think of this to totally shit on what you are saying:
I think you are stupid, cause dude just told what he thinks, he didnt do well with arguing, but your argument was bullshit, have you just seen the cover or have you given it a listen? Then you wouldn´t argue so. Dont piss of the board as much and try to have a nice discussion. I miss that for the last months. :thumb:

I think that Hip Hop is victim as well as all other types of music of what I would call "the commercial logic". With all that powerful major companies controlling the music market, it's now more important for them to make money than to promote artistic talents. I mean, they only will push artists that they are sure they will sell. That's why we have all these stereotypes in Hip Hop music (as well as in other musics). Music is for them more a commercial product than an art. And Hip Hop is suffering from that but I don't think that it really ruins this music because in reaction many rappers are tryin' to safeguard its roots and its 'goals' (I'm not only talking about old school Hip Hop). Unfortunately, these men are 'underground' and don't benefit the majors' promotion.

Underground is not enough, it would be nice if the majority of mainstream-listeners get into some real rap. Then we join it all together. It has to be reverse, todays mainstream should change places with todays underground. Not many stupid music videos, not much airplay on the radio... etc. I dont wanna banish todays mainstream, cause without this bling- bling-big-booty-bitches-rap it would be boring. It`s all about the rations.

linx

Staff member
I personally don't think anything ruins hiphop. I just think there is different kinds of hiphop. I thought that was kind of obvious, but many people don't see it. There are those that are actual skilled emcees that make dope music. There are those that aren't very good emcees that make good music. There are those that rap about killing people, cars and jewlery and there are those that rap about politics and shit like that. There is the really mainstream sounding music. There is the underground type sounding music. There is the laid back, chill type of music like Justus League and all of them. I could go on forever. Some shit just isn't for everyone. Does that mean it's whack? Absolutely not. I don't think 50 is the best rapper in the world, but I listen to his music because he makes good music. That's my opinion.

I wouldn't say anything ruins it, I would just say different people listen to different things. Although you might not like certain people, you can't really hate on them for listening to those people. You can laugh and whatever, but don't hate on them. You aint ever gonna find people that like the same exact shit, it just won't happen. I think the sooner people realize all of this, the sooner the fights end and we all start having some good music discussion.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.