Welcome

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
This is Amara's board, but she was too lazy to post a welcome thread so Im doing it...

Not a fan of too much modern RNB so I hope that some of you can open my eyes to some good new music, enjoy.

/me exits the forum bumping Michael Jackson's Off The Wall.

Casey

Staff member
I think my Prince thread should go back in "Don't Stop The Music". Prince makes rock and funk as well as soul and r'n'b. He's hard to categorize. But anyway the forum is cool.

Amara

Rukas said:
This is Amara's board, but she was too lazy to post a welcome thread so Im doing it...

Not a fan of too much modern RNB so I hope that some of you can open my eyes to some good new music, enjoy.

/me exits the forum bumping Michael Jackson's Off The Wall.
I wasnt too lazy, I just could be bothered at that point in time. lol.

Anyway, I noticed the forums for rnb are pretty shit but it's a big genre and one that's not totally separate from hip-hop - they intertwine a lot. So using what's already been established at streethop, it seemed like a good idea to try and work on something for rnb to fill the void that seemed to exist in terms of rnb discussion on the internet. So the name and separate forum is a start for now.

Sebastian

Amara said:
I wasnt too lazy, I just could be bothered at that point in time. lol.

Anyway, I noticed the forums for rnb are pretty shit but it's a big genre and one that's not totally separate from hip-hop - they intertwine a lot. So using what's already been established at streethop, it seemed like a good idea to try and work on something for rnb to fill the void that seemed to exist in terms of rnb discussion on the internet. So the name and separate forum is a start for now.
do you have any ideas for the next steps? in which way it should develop, etc..

Shot 21

Good idea. R&B has always been linked with Hip Hop. They are like bread and butter. I never liked it that R&B was in Dont Stop The Music. I was just too cowardly to complain.

Thanks

Amara

beReal said:
do you have any ideas for the next steps? in which way it should develop, etc..
Well i've been writing a couple reviews of rnb albums for a few months now, so i'd like to incorporate a section for that which other people can contribute to, or just comment on - like we have for streethop anyway but i dont want to add my reviews to that section.

Plus I'd like to change the template and perhaps once i figure out how, set it up so that its not just a forum off here but a website of its own. then have news and all that shit too. But if anyone has any other ideas, i'd love to hear them.

Shot 21

Amara said:
Well i've been writing a couple reviews of rnb albums for a few months now, so i'd like to incorporate a section for that which other people can contribute to, or just comment on - like we have for streethop anyway but i dont want to add my reviews to that section.

Plus I'd like to change the template and perhaps once i figure out how, set it up so that its not just a forum off here but a website of its own. then have news and all that shit too. But if anyone has any other ideas, i'd love to hear them.
Its a long shot, but you could have a talent show type of thing. Like Unsigned Hype, but except they are R&B singers. Unsigned artists can drop songs and we can tell them how good their voice, delivery is etc. The singers can even collaborate with the rappers from Unsigned Hype. It would be cool.

Shot 21 said:
Its a long shot, but you could have a talent show type of thing. Like Unsigned Hype, but except they are R&B singers. Unsigned artists can drop songs and we can tell them how good their voice, delivery is etc. The singers can even collaborate with the rappers from Unsigned Hype. It would be cool.
That would be very cool. :thumb:

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Shot 21 said:

dats a real nice idea. cuz its alwayz bout rappers..and itd be nice to see a switch up and hear the rnb singers do they thing.

_carmi

me, myself & us
Shot 21 said:
thats one good idea. now who sings raise their hand?

Shot 21

_carmi said:
thats one good idea. now who sings raise their hand?
Only when Im in the bath and no-one can hear me :laugh:

Nah but I bet there are a few singers out there. It would be slow starting but after a while it will get moving. And if it gets good enough promotion, singers might sign up for a place to receive feedback on their song?

Casey

Staff member
I sing a lil. I'm the rapper in my band and the other vocalist is a singer. Occasionally I'll help him out on some of the background singing vocals and occasionally he will help me out on rap adlibs.

But I sing funk, grunge and metal, not r'n'b. And I don't really qualify to be in anything that's "unsigned", lolz.

Shot 21

Militant said:
I sing a lil. I'm the rapper in my band and the other vocalist is a singer. Occasionally I'll help him out on some of the background singing vocals and occasionally he will help me out on rap adlibs.

But I sing funk, grunge and metal, not r'n'b. And I don't really qualify to be in anything that's "unsigned", lolz.
Who you signed to? You got a few tracks anywhere you seem like a very multi talented band.

If you sing some kind of love song, I will rap a verse and it will be a R&B track lol!!

Casey

Staff member
Shot 21 said:
Who you signed to? You got a few tracks anywhere you seem like a very multi talented band.

If you sing some kind of love song, I will rap a verse and it will be a R&B track lol!!
Actually, we're in a bidding war right now, because, instead of signing long term deals with labels, we generally do individual license deals, per album. Like Prince does, his last album (Musicology) was on Columbia and his new one will be on Universal.

Our last one came out on Sony. New one will be out around May/June, followed by a world tour. We just did a TV show for BBC 2, I'm gonna post a thread about it in Our Block when I know when it's gonna be on, so look out for that.

Check www.swamimusic.com or www.myspace.com/swamimusic

Our band line-up and sound has changed considerably since the last album (the audio on the sites is from the last album) and our next album is sounding pretty different so far. But it's a natural progression so it's all good.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.