Was Anyone Just As Impressed As Me About Slim Thug's "Already Platinum"?

When my lil' brother said he was going to get this, truthfully, I thought it was definately going to be waste of money. But when I heard it, I can't lie, I was definately blown away. Dude definately came correct. He had all the elements of a good breakout album. He grabbed you at the "Intro", had creative anthems like "Everybody Loves A Pimp" and "Ashy to Classy", came nice on "The Interview", and even had a smoke/lady song "Miss Mary". The production was definately tight, too. Towards the end, the album kinda fell off, but the overall opinion of mine is that it's still tight.

I thought I was the only that heard this. Already Platinum (the song) came pretty strong off too, surprisingly... Most def. better than Mike Jones, pple dont sleep on this...

roaches

nah mike jones album was better compared if you heard slim's other shit.this album sounds too poppy
Crack kills. Already Platinum is the kind of album that all regional successes should aspire to. He kept what made the Boss Hogg shit dope, and allowed the Neptunes and the other producers he worked with to smooth out his rougher edges and add just the right amount of studio polish. This is especially impressive when you consider that he could've pulled a Ras Kass or Nas after his album leaked.

I hope this album is successful. He deserves the success of Mike Jones and then some (because he an actually rap, in addition to the fact that "Still Tippin" was stolen from him). I hope Chamillionaire's album lives up to this standard, and that Devin and Bun B also hold it down with their respective styles. This is Texas's year.

(But still, Pusha T killed it on "Click Clack"... VA!)

roaches said:
Crack kills. Already Platinum is the kind of album that all regional successes should aspire to. He kept what made the Boss Hogg shit dope, and allowed the Neptunes and the other producers he worked with to smooth out his rougher edges and add just the right amount of studio polish. This is especially impressive when you consider that he could've pulled a Ras Kass or Nas after his album leaked.

I hope this album is successful. He deserves the success of Mike Jones and then some (because he an actually rap, in addition to the fact that "Still Tippin" was stolen from him). I hope Chamillionaire's album lives up to this standard, and that Devin and Bun B also hold it down with their respective styles. This is Texas's year.

I completely totally agree

slim thug had a bootleg verison of Already Platinum...at first i thought it sux...but then the retail already platinum had different new songs..and he even redid the intro....and yeah i was impressed...

in my opinion mike jones album was a lil bit better...just a lil tho hahah

roaches said:

crack kills?you sound like a hater,jus gave my opinion,trust me niggaz down south ain't really feeln dis album except for 3 kings,like a boss joint.like i said too poppy for houston nicca :thumb:

2krazy said:
slim thug had a bootleg verison of Already Platinum...at first i thought it sux...but then the retail already platinum had different new songs..and he even redid the intro....and yeah i was impressed...

in my opinion mike jones album was a lil bit better...just a lil tho hahah
:thumb: i shouldave jus typed this my exact opinion but with more words

to be honest, i'm really feeling this guy, never heard anything before this album (i thought he was just another southern rapper :() but he tight

Slim def held it down on this album...can't wait for the Screwed version to come out. Check out that Boss Basics mixtape he put out with DJ Drama....that shit kills as well. I know Chamillionaire gonna hold it down...if anyone can get there hands on his latest 2 mixtapes (DJ Smallz - Man on Fire & Chamillitary - Tippin Down 2005) def give em a listen...came real tight. This is Texas year for real man, Flip coming, Paul comin, Chamillionaire comin, Bun B comin and Devin comin.....get the FUCK outta da way

jerzeymobfan said:
I WENT STRAIGHT TO THE BENTLY AND SKIP THE S CLASS!!!!! how is that shit not cool HES THE MOTHERFUCKIN BOSSS SLIM THUGGGGGAA

fuck a damn car, im tired of hearing about cars, fuck cars, anyoneelse tired of hearing rappers talk about their fuckin cars? i dont give a fuck what kind of car u drive, just make some music i can smoke a blunt to and not have to get off my lazy ass to change the song on the boombox.

how incredibly and catchy that line is here i will take the next 2 minutes to create my own COOL MOTHERFUCKIN BOSSSSSSSSSSSS SHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT

get lubed up, like a boss, slide it in, like a boss, now tear it up, like a boss, now i cant sit in my bentey, like a boss, cause i got my ass tore up by my boss.

now thats some boss shit!

i heard a couple of songs like rock star and another i dont remember the name i think shits tight as fuck can anybody mention other hot tracks??!!!thx

I Ain't Heard of That Remix ft. Bun B
Ashy to Classy
Diamonds
3 Kings ft. TI & Bun B
So Incredible
Welcome To Houston
Click Clack

btw....Rockstar was on the advance that leaked 6 months ago....it didn't make the cut for the official release that just dropped.

"Already Platinum" is a well produced, yet repetitive and lyrically below average album that will ultimately become forgotten in the long run. Nuff said.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.