Warren G.

I just made another thread asking people to list the artists they listen to when looking for inspiration or motivation or even for a song concept. Warren G. is one of the people I listed as I have absolutely loved him since i heard him on The Chronic.

Warren has released a total of four albums, but three of them were largely slept on.

Take A Look Over Your Shoulder, his sophomoric effort in my opinion was damn near close to being just as good as Regulate... I mean, he had so many songs that could have been singles and so many songs that just were fucking great like Annie Mae, Smokin' Me Out (ft. Ron Isley a slept on classic IMO), What We Go Through, We Brings Heat, Transformers, Relax Ya Mind, Can You Feel It, I Shot The Sheriff. This album was just so great but got no promotion at all. I didn't even know it was in existance until I was at Best Buy just browsing and found it.

I Want It All was his third album and while it was considerably less impressive than his first two albums, it still had it's definate high points with songs like the title track "I Want It All" featuring Mack 10. That song is STILL off the hook and was the only single ever released off the album. Oddly enough, this album didn't do as wel as his second album as far as sales yet it oddly enough got more promotion. However, considering the attention the second album DID get, "more" isn't necessarily a difference maker. Other songs on this CD that were good were Gangsta Love (should have been the second single), Why Oh Why, Dollars Make Sense, Havin' Things, My Momma (Ola Mae), We Got That, Game Don't Wait, Dope Beat,

Return of the Regulator released in 2001 was just terrible. Not a single good song off that album. This is where he SHOULD have fallen off.

Man...this guy is so underrated it's really a shame that he hasn't been a bigger part of the music business.

Anyone else agree with me?

warren g is the pioneer in g funk he has had his hand in many classic albums and songs and is highly underated his career has sucked he has had to go bankrupt and shit def jam shit on him

return of the regulator was dope as was all his albums excpet i wasnt feelin look over your shoulder to much but i won all his albums and support him to the fullest

*suspect#1* said:
warren g is the pioneer in g funk he has had his hand in many classic albums and songs and is highly underated his career has sucked he has had to go bankrupt and shit def jam shit on him

return of the regulator was dope as was all his albums excpet i wasnt feelin look over your shoulder to much but i won all his albums and support him to the fullest
:thumb: I agree with everything you said except for saying that Return Of The Regulator was dope. That album was complete bullshit and is the point where his music wasn't good anymore. The beats on that album were excellent as usual, but he began lyrically deteriorating there.

However, Take A Look Over Your Shoulder and I Want It All are, in my opinion, 2 of the most underrated albums in rap music.

Shot 21

Warren G is a classic rapper. I love the tracks:
Regulate ft Nate Dogg
This DJ
Smokin Me Out ft Ron Isley
I Want It All ft Mack 10

BTW did all of you get the 213 (Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, Warren G for those who didnt know) album The Hard Way? This is a Westcoast classic and it reminds me of the old school hip hop. Much Better than Snoops solo crock of shit called R & G.

Warren G is a classic rapper. I love the tracks:
Regulate ft Nate Dogg
This DJ
Smokin Me Out ft Ron Isley
I Want It All ft Mack 10
Smokin' Me Out is just a fucking pure classic hit. I dig that shit about as much as his most famous song...Regulate.

BTW did all of you get the 213 (Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, Warren G for those who didnt know) album The Hard Way? This is a Westcoast classic and it reminds me of the old school hip hop. Much Better than Snoops solo crock of shit called R & G
I doubt that.

Warren G produces smooth shit consistently & 'Regulate', IMO, is an all-time classic.

Is he slept on? Yeah, but in comparison to other dope producers/rappers I wouldn't say he is terribly slept on BUT when you consider his sound is so cool that it could be played on radio (with a little change in lyric/content), then he is slept on horrifically.

Btw, Warren G may be a wizard behind the boards but behind the mic or with a pen & a pad, & the G-child turns out to be more retarded than Harry Potter with a blunt & a bottle of 8-ball.

Dave D

Shot 21 said:
BTW did all of you get the 213 (Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, Warren G for those who didnt know) album The Hard Way? This is a Westcoast classic and it reminds me of the old school hip hop. Much Better than Snoops solo crock of shit called R & G.
man are you crazy?

Hurts said:
So u are now saying his lyrics are better than his beats?...u must be high...
:rolleyes:

You are an idiot. You like putting words in peoples mouths and twisting the words they say, huh?

Where did I EVER say his lyrics are better than his beats? I said I disagree that his lyrics are bad. That's all I said.

You're a fucking idiot.

jason_g_718 said:
:rolleyes:

You are an idiot. You like putting words in peoples mouths and twisting the words they say, huh?

Where did I EVER say his lyrics are better than his beats? I said I disagree that his lyrics are bad. That's all I said.

You're a fucking idiot.
DID U NOT SEE THE FUCKIN QUESTIONMARK IN MY POST???????<<HERE THEY ARE BACK AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!

it was a question.. i dunno in case u didnt notice i havent replied to all ur posts...i could have..like i used to a week ago...but im done with you man...now its time 4 you to leave me the fuck alone...and i might still reply to you...but as a boardmember not as a hater...or whatever u wanna call me man...

DID U NOT SEE THE FUCKIN QUESTIONMARK IN MY POST???????<<HERE THEY ARE BACK AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
LMAO! Oh no..please, don't hit me with the caps lock. :rolleyes:

it was a question.. i dunno in case u didnt notice i havent replied to all ur posts...i could have..like i used to a week ago...but im done with you man...now its time 4 you to leave me the fuck alone...and i might still reply to you...but as a boardmember not as a hater...or whatever u wanna call me man
It was a question that didn't need to be asked. You made the statement that his beats are good but his "writing is shit".

I said "I obviously disagree".

You come back with "So now you are saying his beats are better than his writing?".

Where the fuck do you even get that from? Because you're putting words in my mouth.

Why didn't you ask "so why are his lyrics good to you?"? I didn't even mention his beats, so why you felt the need to make a comparison, I don't know.

jason_g_718 said:
LMAO! Oh no..please, don't hit me with the caps lock. :rolleyes:

It was a question that didn't need to be asked. You made the statement that his beats are good but his "writing is shit".

I said "I obviously disagree".

You come back with "So now you are saying his beats are better than his writing?".

Where the fuck do you even get that from? Because you're putting words in my mouth.

Why didn't you ask "so why are his lyrics good to you?"? I didn't even mention his beats, so why you felt the need to make a comparison, I don't know.
Look...u indirectly mentioned his beats...behind the boards remember that part then came how you figure?..than it was my turn to reply and i explain why warren G is a nice producer but his lyrics arent as good as his beats...well i didnt explain shit i made a statement...and now this has turned in another jason vs hurts thread...ya know i suggest we both just STOP with replying to eachother...forget what i said in this post b4...leave it the fuck alone...no I am asking you to not reply...to my post and if u do everybody else knows i tried to leave it alone man...i dont wanna get dragged into a 30 pages long e-beef with a dumbass...

Look...u indirectly mentioned his beats
No, I didn't.

...behind the boards remember that part then came how you figure?..than it was my turn to reply and i explain why warren G is a nice producer but his lyrics arent as good as his beats...well i didnt explain shit i made a statement...and now this has turned in another jason vs hurts thread...ya know i suggest we both just STOP with replying to eachother...forget what i said in this post b4...leave it the fuck alone...no I am asking you to not reply...to my post and if u do everybody else knows i tried to leave it alone man...i dont wanna get dragged into a 30 pages long e-beef with a dumbass
So I guess this is how people react when they're exposed as putting words in other people's mouths.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.