Warren G. Question

A couple months ago when I was making my weekly visit to Aftermathmusic.com, I was doing some "kill some time" reading on the site and it lists Warren G. as one of Aftermath's in-house producers.

If he's actually working FOR Dre and doing some of the Aftermath beats, how come we aren't seeing his name on anything as a producer or something?

WSmakaveli2003 said:
maybe he's producing them and dre is using it as his own, claiming it as his own, like he did with some pac/deathrow beats ...
Nah, I doubt it. Just like Dre, Warren has a unique style. The two stepbrothers in some aspects actually use similar style beats, but you can tell the difference.

Dre puts more "umph" and base in his beats whereas while some of Warrent's beats to have hella bad basslines, it's almost more melodic and has more funk to it.

None of the beats except maybe for a few sparse ones (i.e. Love It Or Hate It) sound like Warren G. had a hand in them.

Harry_potter said:
that is interesting! Warren G should have did a beat for the Game CD.

shit him and Dre are Brothers about time Dre hooked him up.
You know, I never understood why Warren and Dre never worked together but after I saw a VH1 special about Dre, they were saying how Warren was always trying to compete with Dre when they were kids. Dre said that when he'd have house parties on the weekend while their moms is as work, he said him and Eazy and a bunch of other dudes would be drinking and smokin' weed on the front lawn, driveway and in the garage and he said that it never failed, Warren would always come outside and try to hang and Dre said that he always brushed him off. Never took Warren or his attempts at making music seriously. Warren was known for wanting to be just like Dre and Dre said when he wouldn't let Warren hang even as they got older, he said it turned Warren's anger about it into competition. So Warren has for much of his life had his own competition going between the two.

Personally, I think both brothers' beats are classic beats, but for different reasons. And, IMO at least, and I know a lot of rap fans would agree with me, both brothers have a solo album that is considered a classic.

jason_g_718 said:
Personally, I think both brothers' beats are classic beats, but for different reasons. And, IMO at least, and I know a lot of rap fans would agree with me, both brothers have a solo album that is considered a classic.
I consider two warren g albums as a classic. "g-funk era" and also "take a look over your shoulder", which is the most underrated album in Hip hop history. Sad.

Tonio1986 said:
I consider two warren g albums as a classic. "g-funk era" and also "take a look over your shoulder", which is the most underrated album in Hip hop history. Sad.
I agree tht "Take A Look Over Your Shoulder" was a dope album, but I don't consider it a classic. You're right though, it's hella underrated.

Casey

Staff member
"Take A Look Over..." is mad under rated. But yeah. I think a lot of people do know that "Regulate" is a classic album. That album is crazy ill, I think the fact that Death Row were running things then made Def Jam work a bit harder promotion-wise, and Warren delivered the goods for real....

Never tire of hearing "This DJ or "Super Soul Sis" when I'm in the ride ;)

jason_g_718 said:
A couple months ago when I was making my weekly visit to Aftermathmusic.com, I was doing some "kill some time" reading on the site and it lists Warren G. as one of Aftermath's in-house producers.

If he's actually working FOR Dre and doing some of the Aftermath beats, how come we aren't seeing his name on anything as a producer or something?
cos its a fan site, not official they aint alwayz accurate. :thumb:

sniper said:
cos its a fan site, not official they aint alwayz accurate. :thumb:
Aftermath music is the official site:

© COPYRIGHT 1998 - 2004, AFTERMATH MUSIC & INTERSCOPE RECORDS
CONTENT MANAGEMENT & DESIGN: MRF PRODUCTIONZ

Hurts said:
Dre has no unique style...its funny cuz theres mad producers who can create the same dre sound...
right now I agree Dre's sound is played out he has not switched his style like he usualy dose every 8 years or whatever. but man he has made some of the best shit ever. the mark of a Dre beat really fall's in the Mixing, he is the best at mixing down a Song, they always sound perfect. he has a shit load of stuff we would all love but is not good enough for him in his vault! I hope he puts it out one day! or when he dies if I still have my hearing.

jason_g_718 said:
Aftermath music is the official site:

© COPYRIGHT 1998 - 2004, AFTERMATH MUSIC & INTERSCOPE RECORDS
CONTENT MANAGEMENT & DESIGN: MRF PRODUCTIONZ
I dunno i dont care actually but u do know every dumbass can make the coyright sign and put a name after it right? ©<<<<tada'

but if its official who gives a fuck a man..im just addin this...cuz i mean..theres a possibility thats its not the official website

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.