vocoder question re:the worst hiphop song thread

vocoder = KORG dvp-1. heavily used in RnB and now dancehall.

just wondering does anybody like the sound of a vocoder? its so damn anoying in music. i theorize some dick sent one over to yard and now its in like a 3rd of contemporary dancehall.

i have this comedy sketch in my head thats fashioned after the SNL "more cowbell" sketch wheres the a dreddy producer sayin "mi ave an itch, an it need more vocoder!" lol

ive heard one use of the proc that was dope to mi and it was on elephantman's earlier stuff where they are using the device completely different to its intended use (harmonization) by seperating the effect by vastly different octaves to get a mouse singing with a monster type effect, which makes mi actually want one. lol

edited- (dvp1 is korg not yamaha)

semantics

actor 1: points over there- "Hey, can i get one of those kleenex?"

actor 2: "i dunno, CAN you get one?"

actor 1: "ok, ok, MAY i have one of those kleenex?"

actor 2: "um, these are puff's plus homie."

actor 1: spontaneous combustion

i mean you get what im saying right? i'm just trying to bring forth some interesting discussion topix.

i would have appreciated the correction more if you had anything to build on also included in your post.

i say vocoder cause its the original. im sure autotune was coded from the concept first brought forth by the designers of the dvp.

i know technically i could have said one when im hearing the other but im sure other times you could be hearing the dvp thinking it's autotune also as alot of Producers prefer physical procs over plugins.
(i'm not aware if theres a stand alone autotune)

also a correction: KORG DVP-1 not yamaha, i was going frm memory.

-PRiSONER

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.