Vinnie Paz Finally Clears Up His "Disrespect" Of Jesus (PBUH)

This is from a bulletin Paz posted up sometime today on myspace

Vinnie Paz sent a bulletin on myspace clearing things up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jedi Mind Tricks vs. Christianity?

A great number of fans ask me about my references to Jesus ( Isa ) and Christianity, and why I seem to disrespect and vilify Christianity in our songs. First and foremost, I love Jesus. I also love Abraham, Moses, and Noah, to name just a few. May God's peace be upon all of these messengers of God. The fact of the matter is this: the right wing Christian fundamentalists who run our country have continuously started wars in the name of their "God", stolen in the name of their "God", and killed in the name of their "God". When the average person thinks of conservative Christians, they automatically think of Jesus. When I attack their ideas and politics, I use Jesus ( Isa ) as a metaphor for modern Christianity and it's stronghold on Amerikkkan culture. I apologize if I've offended or confused anyone along the way. For a better overstanding, read on...

Muslims respect and venerate Jesus Christ. They consider him to be one of God's greatest messengers to humankind. The Qur'an re-affirms his miraculous birth and his miraculous abilities. Furthermore, his mother Mary is regarded as one of the most pure and exalted women of all creation. As the Qur'an says:

"Behold! the angel said: 'God has chosen you and purified you and has chosen you above the women of all nations. O Mary! God gives you the good news of a word from Him, whose name shall be Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, honored in this world and the hereafter, and one of those brought near to God" (3:42).

Islam regards its teachings to be a re-affirmation and culmination of the teachings of previous monotheistic religions like Judaism and Christianity. Hence, all Muslims believe in Moses and Jesus as Prophets of God. Prophet Muhammad was commanded to recite in the Qur'an:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Say, we believe in God and that which was revealed unto us, and that which was revealed unto Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob, and the tribes and that which was entrusted unto Moses and Jesus and the Prophets from their Lord We make no distinction between any of them and unto Him we have submitted" (3:84).

A Muslim never refers to him simply as "Jesus", but always adds the phrase "upon him be peace." The Qur'an confirms his virgin birth, and an entire surah (chapter) of the Qur'an is entitled "Mary." The Qur'an describes the Annunciation as follows:

"She said: 'O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?' He said: 'Even so; God creates what He wills. When He decrees a thing, He says to it, "Be!" and it is.'" (Qur'an 3:42-7)

Jesus was born miraculously through the same power that had brought Adam into being without a father: "Truly the likeness of Jesus with God is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust and then said to him, 'Be!' and he was." (Qur'an 3:59)

During his prophetic mission, Jesus performed many miracles. The Qur'an tells us that he said: "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord: I make for you out of clay, as it were, a figure of a bird, and breathe into it and it becomes a bird by God's leave. And I heal the blind, and the lepers, and I raise the dead by God's leave." (Qur'an 3:49)

Neither Muhammad nor Jesus came to change the basic doctrine of the belief in One God, brought by earlier prophets, but to confirm and renew it. In the Qur'an, Jesus is reported as saying that he came: "To attest the law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you; I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear God and obey me." (Qur'an 3:50)"

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
dmx being such a huge Jesus Christ fan, and this guy spitting in his face so he can cause some contreversy

Sarr said:
ide like to see DMX rips this guys arse apart
maybe you should go listen to some of vinnie paz's songs and then come back and acknowledge the fact that dmx aint even close to being on his level. vinnie paz is sick and he doesnt get enough credit.

XIAN

The point is that he condemns people hijacking Jesus and his message and use it to give themselves power. Jesus, for Paz, is a metaphor for Christian fundamentalism.

HellRazor05 said:
DMX isn't close to being on HIS level? Are you kidding? DMX is the only artist in history to put out five straight number 1 albums, has Vinnie Paz even gone gold yet? Yeah, I know you said he doesn't get enough credit, but how does that mean a much more successful artist isn't on his level? I think it should be the other way around.
So you base the rappers you like on the sales they have? Fuck, 90% of my favorite rappers haven't gone wood. It's all a matter of opinion, and arguing over that is stupid. Discussing it is another matter.

Lok

HellRazor05 said:
No, I don't base the rappers I like on their sales, and that's not the point. The point is, he said DMX, one of the most successful rappers of all time, isn't close to being on the level of some underground nobody. That's like saying 50 Cent isn't on Necro's level. No matter who thinks who has more talent, the fact still remains that artists like Vinnie Paz and Necro are UNDERGROUND, therefore they are not on the same level as highly successful artists like DMX and 50 Cent.
You are talking about their status sales & popularity wise. he was talking about the quality of the music they put out.
I can say DMX isn't on the level of The Roots & mean that nothing DMX ever put out comes close to The Roots best album (obviously that's an opinion). You misread his reply.

about the original post:
1st time Paz sounds like he knows a bit about Islam, usually he sounds like an ignorant dumb ass. But dissing Jesus is no way a Muslim should be acting, we already got a bad rep, and him dissing other religions help. It would be one thing if he illustrated why he doesnt believe that Jesus is the son of god, woulda done something constructive, but instead all he does is diss other religions. I guess he needs to mature as a rapper and person.
------
about DMX shittin on Paz
I've listened to almost everything Paz has put out. And I must say once u listento alot, it gets pretty repititive and lame. Although at one point JMTwas my favorite groups, all I gotta say is Stoupe's instrumental makes the group. Paz is lyrically one of the lamest on the undground, although some of his shit is really good. BUT DMX its dark and hell is hot >>>> than anything PAZ has done(lyrically)... so yes X would shit on him... But X shitting on him solely on what was said in this thread would be retarded.

DMX is such a good christian i bet he talks it up with the late pope and jesus alot when he's doin crack :laugh: maybe they told him not to put his seatbelt on the airplane

alright listen cause obviously what i said was misunderstood. you say dmx put out 5 consecutive number 1 albums...but how many of those were actually quality albums? its dark and hell is hot is definitely one of my favorite albums of all time. flesh of my flesh was subpar and everything after that was just horrible. and to say that dmx is one of the most successful rappers of all time is just ignorant. if so where is all of his money now? havent you seen the show soul of a man? it doesnt look like hes living THAT lavish to me. so as of right now my statement stands. vinny paz would definitely shit on x.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
^
man i can honestly say i have heard one song by vinnie...and he sounds pretty average. If he is so good wheres his massive following and fanbase?

it dark and hell is hot = classic
flesh of my flesh - another classic (that was released the same year as his first)
then there was x = pretty good album
great depression = pretty shit
grand champ = fairly good

i havent heard the new one yet, but i hear it isnt bad.

i just like the realness of dmx, the guy is raw and doesnt give a fuck. and he doesnt need to diss a religion icon either to cause contreversy

Actually Paz's fanbase is huge for an underground artist. JediMind Trick is as big as mf doom on the underground scence. JMT has a cult following, and is probably one of the most known underground artist after immortal techinque (if u consider him underground)... And please dont judge an artist after one song. Although i consider him an average emcee too, but thats afterlistening to just abouteverything he's put out

To me... JMT have yet to make a poor album. Obviously VBD is the stand out album but I like everything they have dropped. I'm An X fan too... but since Its Dark & Hell Is Hot and Flesh Of My Flesh he hasn't made a decent album. His albums after that had me feeling three tracks per album max. Like his new one I'm only feeling 'Blown Away' and maybe one or two more. That aint good. JMT have me feeling 6-8 tracks per album. I guess its a matter of taste and opinion.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.