VH1 introduces 'The White Rapper Show'

This Monday at 10.30pm the music channel VH1 will debut its latest offering, The White Rapper Show.

The programme, which will be hosted by the 39-year old white veteran MC Serch, is a take off of the dominant reality TV format which is supposed to parody television trends and provide a modern commentary on race issues within hip-hop.

With $100,000 at stake, ten fledging white MCs will live together in the South Bronx. The aim is to prove their ability to rhyme whilst earning respect.

The show is the brain child of Sacha Jenkins and Elliot Wilson who operate under the production company title of Ego Trip. Their work is typically race and hip-hop orientated, with Ego Trip being responsible for previous shows such as Race-O-Rama and books like Big Book of Racism.

Wilson said that “The power of the show is that when you hear the title, you already have images of what it's going to be, whether good or bad. Most of them are thinking, 'Oh, it's going to be some dumb nonsense.' But it's not that — it's smart."

The executive producer Ken Mok, who has experience with other such shows like America's Next Top Model and Making the Band, said that "White Rapper is really about race and the context of white culture verses hip-hop culture."

And as MC Serch indicated, it is certain that the show will be filled with controversy.

"It's very funny how true to form they were," he said. "The one thing white rappers can't stand is other white rappers."

Snowman

one of the participants is from Toledo his name is DASIT. i just got done reading an article with his picture in it, it was in fridays newspaper.

Ive supported him an bought his Cd's. he can spit, but a lot of people compare him to Eminem. You guys will be the judge when you watch the show Monday, im definitely will be checkin it out.

He's 3 months older than me, we basically grew up together. (Elementary, Junior High, an both graduated from the same High school). Dude use to live a block down from me.

We use to play together as kids, im gonna look up an old photo with me and him. if i can find it i'll post up the image for everybody to see. plus i'll post up one of his songs too.

his full name is David Allen Shinivar. he added the IT. when you say his name. its like saying "Thats it".... (DASIT)

sounds very VH1. that is they get some goofy ass shit on their channel. i'll try to catch an episode when i go to my moms since i dont have that channel.

Steel Dragon said:
one of the participants is from Toledo his name is DASIT. i just got done reading an article with his picture in it, it was in fridays newspaper.

Ive supported him an bought his Cd's. he can spit, but a lot of people compare him to Eminem. You guys will be the judge when you watch the show Monday, im definitely will be checkin it out.

He's 3 months older than me, we basically grew up together. (Elementary, Junior High, an both graduated from the same High school). Dude use to live a block down from me.

We use to play together as kids, im gonna look up an old photo with me and him. if i can find it i'll post up the image for everybody to see. plus i'll post up one of his songs too.

his full name is David Allen Shinivar. he added the IT. when you say his name. its like saying "Thats it".... (DASIT)
Lol.... considerin he was the 1st one booted cuz he couldn't write 16lines in 30 minutes..

Snowman

Mo_Murda said:
Lol.... considerin he was the 1st one booted cuz he couldn't write 16lines in 30 minutes..

Im still shocked, i caught the repeat at 7pm. I agree with Serch. anybody would have loved to been in his shoes. Your told to write 16 bars. an he didnt even write nothing. Dasit didnt take it seriously, i know if im in a contest an theres a $100,000 on the line an a chance for me to blow up an expose myself. im gonna bust my ass an work hard.

He was always like that as a kid, he didnt like being told what to do. an people were just trying to help him out in life. (he's definitly on a high ego trip).

I havent talked to my boy since April. but im defintely gonna holla at him.

this puts a Black eye on artists from Toledo. he screwed up big time. Oh well at least we got Lyfe Jennings.

His myspace is... (Myspace.com/officialdasit). hes got some of his music on there if ya'll are interested to here him. (if not i dont blame you one bit)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.