Update: T.I.'s Suppression Hearing Postponed

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
A suppression hearing which was scheduled to take place yesterday (January 3rd, 2008) in T.I.'s weapons case was postponed until next month by a federal judge.

As reported earlier, T.I. was arrested at an Atlanta midtown parking in October last year for allegedly trying to purchase a machine gun and two silencers from his bodyguard.

In November, T.I.'s lawyers would file a motion requesting a judge to suppress the evidence seized from their client’s vehicle claiming that his arrest and search was conducted without "a warrant, consent or probable cause."

According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, U.S. Magistrate Alan Baverman pushed back the suppression hearing until February 19th.

If the motion filed by T.I.’s lawyers prevails, a big part of the government’s case against the Atlanta rapper will be weakened.

T.I. is currently on house arrest awaiting trial after posting a $3 million bond. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges which include possessing unregistered machine guns and silencers; unlawfully possessing machine guns; and of being a convicted felon in possession of firearms.

The rapper could face five or more years behind bars, if convicted.

Source: Sixshot.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.