unsigned hype promotion

Preach

i take it you (rukas) are looking to get more activity in the unsigned hype section?

i suggest a contest with real prizes. a collaborative effort. only requirements: the attendants are registered hitemup users. a hitemup producer and a hitemup emcee collaborating on a track. i don't know what a prize could be but say 3 months of vip membership, x mb free downloads from the streethop mixtape store, anything. have tb users spread the word. there are some tight emcees on here but not anywhere near enough, and there are hardly any producers that participate in the unsigned hype and art of war forums. producers being a minority on this board, a lot of people will turn to other forums for questions about technical stuff. and with a minority of emcees on here, rappers won't get a lot of exposure.

i've been a minority MC on here for so long, lol. but i feel rizzle. i think the unsigned hype and art of war forums should expand! we need to incorporate something fresh.

yes we definitely need to get some prizes up!
or at least have something implemented under your name like "Officially Best Streethop Producer" if you win the competition (and the same type of thing with the emcee).
i would gladly team up with someone and put down some mad beat for him (her?) to flow on...
who wants to be on my team! it will be a cool competition :)

pretty please rukas?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Well to be honest, when Limn doesnt even announce whos won the weekly round or whatever, theres not much hope.

The plan was he'd tell me who won, Id send out a mass email to all the members to promo the section with a link to the winning track to show the kind of promotion they can get, and we'd take it from there.

We're like 2 rounds ahead and I dont even know who won the first one. Ive always said the section can stay up, but I dont want to run it. So if you have concerns or suggestions, hound Limn.

Preach

limn get off your ass you lazy bastard! do it do it aww jeuh!!

i'd really love to see both sections grow. i don't want to, and dislike the fact that some times i have to turn to other forums for shit cause i like the streethop community despite what people want to say about how the board was way better four years ago, and that it's died out, and that it's "wack these days" and whatever else people say to sound cool and important. in some cases it's true but nevertheless lol. since i'm gonna go to the army i can't do a lot right now but when i return i'd love to run the producer side of the unsigned hype and art of war sections.

i'd say i'll take over the unsigned hype section of the board, but i just dropped outta school cuz of my situation & now i'm working 5-6 days a week from 9 to 6 every day.. so i'm a bit overwhelmed with work... and plus i just applied for GED classes. i'm gonna have to fight to find time to record. but maybe if everything in my life dies down a bit, i'll take a crack at it. i just don't have the time right now!

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Its like this...

Back in the day I'd pt work into it and it was cool for a while, then shit just went to shit. So I tried revivin it a couple times with different things and shit fell thru again [granted I was @ fault at times]. Now I tried revivin it again, tried promoting it [why dont you ARTISTS ever promote the audio rounds??????????], and still got halfassed results on the signups. Voting wasnt too bad. And I didnt announce who won, I annnounce it every round - its the first line of the voting ballot for the following round. But if it'd make U happy sir I can make an individual thread for it with a link to the track. Other than that lately I've not been in the mindstate to look after a forum that, a lot of times, just ends up spitting in my face. Ive been busy with life and my mixtape so I havent had the time to sit around and critique tracks like I would like to, or write up a newsletter or some type of thing to get activity spread.

BUT how about instead of always bitching about me, why dont you guys do some shit? Promote the rounds, links to your sig, telling people, PMs, whatever. Fuck it, the producers spam the shit out of the shoutbox w/ links to their shit - do the same thing. Encourage people to check it out, LEAVE PEOPLE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM to keep them comming back and to make people want to come/stay there.

All that shit said I already told U I wouldnt mind trying out somebody else as a co-mod.

Shot 21

Bigg Limn said:
Its like this...

Back in the day I'd pt work into it and it was cool for a while, then shit just went to shit. So I tried revivin it a couple times with different things and shit fell thru again [granted I was @ fault at times]. Now I tried revivin it again, tried promoting it [why dont you ARTISTS ever promote the audio rounds??????????], and still got halfassed results on the signups. Voting wasnt too bad. And I didnt announce who won, I annnounce it every round - its the first line of the voting ballot for the following round. But if it'd make U happy sir I can make an individual thread for it with a link to the track. Other than that lately I've not been in the mindstate to look after a forum that, a lot of times, just ends up spitting in my face. Ive been busy with life and my mixtape so I havent had the time to sit around and critique tracks like I would like to, or write up a newsletter or some type of thing to get activity spread.

BUT how about instead of always bitching about me, why dont you guys do some shit? Promote the rounds, links to your sig, telling people, PMs, whatever. Fuck it, the producers spam the shit out of the shoutbox w/ links to their shit - do the same thing. Encourage people to check it out, LEAVE PEOPLE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM to keep them comming back and to make people want to come/stay there.

All that shit said I already told U I wouldnt mind trying out somebody else as a co-mod.
Good point. We as the artists shoul help to promote ourselve rather than relying on other to do it. Put a link to the Unsigned Hype section in your sig, and if you have any friends that rap, then tell them to join up. I try to reply to everyones songs, because there is nothing worse than spending all the time posting your song up just to have no-one bother to look at it. I suggest all other artists (and non-artists) do the same. Some only give comments on 2 songs just to post theirs up. We should all try and post on EVERYONES songs to make them feel less like no-one cares about their music and more like they're in a "family" sort of environment.

1 Love

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I agree with Limn, the artists need to promote the event too. The problem is most of them are not "artists" but NetCees. (Yes, I am trying to insult you all with the hopes that you'll take action and prove me wrong, so with that said...) They all suck.

Shot 21

Rukas said:
I agree with Limn, the artists need to promote the event too. The problem is most of them are not "artists" but NetCees. (Yes, I am trying to insult you all with the hopes that you'll take action and prove me wrong, so with that said...) They all suck.
lol (not me I hope :confused: )

Bigg Limn

Staff member
It was a sarcastic [somewhat ;)] way to get you off ur asses and be real artists rather than netcees and promote urself/community. This means not only self-promotion, but getting word out about it here and other places...branch out. Get new MCs to come here from other places or wherever. Get more/quicker participation in the rounds so we can actually do a bi-weekly award. Or maybe Ill just start picking a song that's good every other week and we'll do it like that. Whatever...get @ me w/ ideas on how to make the Lab better, Ill mix that along with my ideas, get promotion going and well get this shit on and poppin.

Its on!

and Poppin!

word yo

im willin to try get the section exposed more, I know some other MC's who make tracks now and again but sometimes they get half assed and dont make tracks in a while cause they just do it for fun, i dont know if they'll join but ill see if they will let me post there tracks up for them if that helps jsut let me know

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.