undertaker lossing at wrestlemania?

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE seems to already have a plan in place for SmackDown's title match at Wrestlemania 23 in Detroit.

There is talk of a Batista vs. Undertaker title match taking place at the event. The title vs. streak (Undertaker is 14-0 at Mania) would be the selling point for the match. Vince McMahon has already okayed the idea, so this is the current plan.

Regarding the outcome of the match, the current plan is for Batista to go over The Undertaker, thus ending his WrestleMania streak and keeping the title. Then again, plans can always change between now and then.

-------------------------

this is crap if they let batista defeat undertaker an mania, batista dosent deserve that honour it should go to someone like shawn michaels, kane, Austin even though he dosent wrestle or triple H if he turned heel again.

Firstly, someone has to end the streak. It's pointless for someone to retire with an undefeated streak in a fake sport when it could be used to put someone else over. Personally, I think the only candidate is Edge. He's young, he'd still benefit from it, and he has a WrestleMania undefeated streak of his own.

Me said:
I wouldn't mind Undertaker winning the title at WrestleMania 23. Considering how long he's been with the company, and how big a star he is, I think he deserves to get one last title reign (plus, he's never actually held this particular belt). Of course, he wouldn't be able to hold it for long because he's only a semi-active competitor these days.

In fact, what I would do is have Batista turn heel (having cheated to win the belt from Booker) and enter a feud with 'Taker. They meet at Armageddon, Batista retains the belt, then they meet at the Royal Rumble in some kind of gimmick match (Buried Alive, I guess) where 'Taker wins. Have Edge win the Rumble and elect to meet 'Taker at WrestleMania, where the Rated R Superstar wins the belt, ends 'Taker's undefeated streak and continues his own.

I'd say that was pretty solid, if it wasn't for a) the short length of both Batista and Undertaker's title reigns, and b) the lack of time to build-up Batista/Undertaker and Undertaker/Edge.

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
^In some ways i agree with you there but i dont think it should be edge to do it either. I think undertaker should win his match this year at mania(not for a title maybe against kennedy or someone like that) and then next year have him win the royal rumble go to wrestlemania 24 where he challenges orton and losses to the ledgend killer.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.