Underrated albums

masta247

Staff member
Since there's an "over-rated albums" thread how about talking about underrated ones? There's a bunch of them and I think more people might agree on this. I know there's been a thread about underrated albums but I'd like to discuss it again as it's 2009 when I seriously think that the number of underrated albums rises but they are way harder to find.

I'd start by mentioning "Think Differently Music: Wu-tang meets the indie culture". It was really, really awesome. One of my all time favorites that doesn't get boring with time. Whenever I play any track from it people are asking what is it because they like it.

Second one that comes to my mind from a bit different category is J.Wells and Kurupt album from 2006. It's also awesome but more "gangsta" and party type of album.

The 5% album is also heavily underrated. It's even hard to find much info about it online while it contained some of the best verses I've ever heard. Also the beats are fire. Especially those from The Rza.

yak pac fatal

i can go thru the entire without skipping, great album, its a classic imo

bizzy does his thing on this album... its very deep. i like how he mixed up singing and rappin

very solid album. doesnt get talked about much. i love the chaos interlude wish it was longer. he was on point basically on every track

Bobby Sands

Breaking Atoms: I know this album got 5 mics in the Source but i dont think i have ever seen or read posts about it since i have been on here (or maybe i just need to open my eyes lol). But it is slept on which is a pity because it is a great album. Its where Nas burst on the scene as well

Enta Da Stage: Very underrated imo. Probably because it was realeased back in 1993 and was overshadowed by other great albums. I love this album though.

A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing:
Another classic hip hop record that i never saw being discussed much. Contains one of the best hip hop tracks ever: The Choice is Yours.

The Big Bang: Not a classic by any means but i like this album. some good tracks on there imo

Blacktrash-The Autobiography of Kirk Jones:
I know i said that Bacdafucup is a very overrated album in the other thread but Sticky Fingaz's solo effort is very good imo.

Muddy Waters and Dare Iz A Darkside:Not sure if these are underrated. I know most people here rate them highly, but both should have been 5 mics. They are great, great albums imo.

Warriorz: MOP achieved some commercial success with Ante Up and Cold As Ice. Both were on this album as well as other banging tracks. very good album. MOP arent everyones cup of tea though

Legal Drug Money: Classic. Lost Boyz were dope. This album didnt get the recognition it deserved.

Ghostface - Big Doe Rehab ... to me this album was fuckin dope, but most people slept on it, maybe cuz it didnt have a single like back like that.

Wu Syndicate - Wu Syndicate This was probably the best wu affiliate album ever released... yes it was better than Cilvaringz

C-Rayz Walz - Chorus Rhyme Most ppl here probably dont fuck with C-Rayz but this shit was crazy

Goodie Mob - Soul Food and Scarface - The Fix how do these lil knuckle head kids run around claiming to be fans of the 'dirty south' when they probably never heard either of these albums (well maybe the fix, maybe)

All 3 Latest Muggs Collabos Gza, Sick Jacken, then Planet Asia. Muggs gets slept on as one of the greatest producers hip hop has seen. Dudes got the grimiest style till this day

Pharoahe Monch - Desire Hip Hop with balance, lyrically and musically genius. Hope he doesnt make us wait 8 years for another dope album

The Roots - Tipping Point This shits a classic, fuck what you think, Black Thought is the most underrated emcee in the game, been rockin for over a decade and has never slipped up once. Yet somehow he usually fails to get mentioned with the GOATs

-peace

TheCat

Blacktrash-The Autobiography of Kirk Jones: I know i said that Bacdafucup is a very overrated album in the other thread but Sticky Fingaz's solo effort is very good imo.

Muddy Waters and Dare Iz A Darkside:Not sure if these are underrated. I know most people here rate them highly, but both should have been 5 mics. They are great, great albums imo..
i agree with these choices. i was so surprised when i heard Stickys album, its dam good, i love the concept of it all.

Dare iz a darkside is my favourite redman joint of all, the production is soo sick.

i will nominate

Masta Killas No Said Date.
Chino Xl Here to Save You All
killah Priest The Offering
Company Flow Funkrusher

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.