under pressure - dr.dre ft. gay-z

7 Syns

for an unfinished song it's ok. i like the beat, it's knocking. did em or game write that Dre verse? did Drake write Jigga's verse? whatever i'll wait for the finished version to judge it.

ARon

Finished or not, the shit sucks, the beat sucks. The words might be different but there isn't much they can do for this beat. I'm surprised Rihanna or someone isn't on this

masta247

Staff member
^ yeah rather unbelievable how easy it was for him to create a "gangsta" image after creating "electro"-ish music and looking like this:

THEV1LL4N

Dre: Under Pressure was unfinished

Dr. Dre has verified the leak of his Detox first single “Under Pressure” is unmastered and remains a work in progress.
A little over 2 minutes in length, “Under Pressure” leaked Wednesday (June 16) and featured a noticeable sample of Kraftwerk’s “Trans Euro Express,” no chorus, two Dre verses and one from Jay-Z.

“I want to set the record straight for everybody who’s been waiting to hear my music,” Dre posted on Interscope’s official website. “The song that’s on the internet is an incomplete song that I’m still working on. When it’s ready, you’ll be hearing it from me.”

In April, Dr. Dre and Interscope CEO Jimmy Iovine confirmed the song would be Detox’s lead single.

“Under Pressure” was also expected to debut by the end of that month, but was pushed back to make way for Eminem’s upcoming Recovery LP.

Renowned by his production work on classic albums like The Chronic and Doggystyle, Dr. Dre revealed the German-based band Kraftwerk as a strong inspiration for his latest album.

Kraftwerk songs have been sampled consistently since Hip-Hop’s inception, ranging from pioneers such as Afrika Bambaata (“Planet Rock”) and the Fearless Four (“Rockin’ It”), to De La Soul (“Ghetto Thang”) and Jay-Z (“It’s Alright”).

“I'm just keeping my ear to the concrete,” Dre explained this past Spring. “I've been listening to a lot of old 60s and 70s music. Things like Kraftwerk and Parliament Funkadelic. I've really been listening to a lot of Kraftwerk… Kraftwerk had a really big inspiration on the beginning of Hip-Hop. My tastes change with the season. Right now it's Kraftwerk. I'll see what happens this summer."

In 2009 Dr. Dre was the victim of early leaks when two songs featuring Nas and T.I. (“Topless,” “s**tPopped Off”) hit the internet before Dre could add his vocals.

At press time, Detox is still tentatively scheduled to be released this year.

Casey

Staff member
There's a new version circulating, no tags, with a chorus from someone called Kanobby. Sounds way better with a chorus, not sure if it's legit tho.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Just listened to this. Didn't bother until now....

I think this track has potential... The keys sound nice. And I'm sure the violin (or whatever the repetitive sound is) is just a place holder. not permanent.

EDIT - The track I listened to wasn't under pressure..... lol... Just had the Jay-Z verse added to a different beat. I reserve judgement on the real track when Dre has finished it.

In regards to WCWC, I like what they did. And about Dre's images changes. It's entertainment, are you not suitably entertained?

Preach

^ yeah rather unbelievable how easy it was for him to create a "gangsta" image after creating "electro"-ish music and looking like this:
An image is nothing but that - an image. Artists do it all the time. Gangsta rap was different because suddenly it became about keeping it real, but these days very few artists "keep it real". It's different times and most people don't expect entertainers to anymore. It's a huge barrier for creativity.

What I meant was that Dre came up in the "electro-hop" scene. The type of "dance" music he made with the World Class Wreckin Cru was, believe it or not, very popular on the west coast in the early to mid 80s. The fact that he wore the clothes and the make-up has to do with the image people associate with the artists who make that kind of music. Who knows how it started and why they look so gay, but it's an image just like gangsta rap was, and he capitalized off of it like he did with gangsta rap.

Anyway, understanding where Dre comes from musically gives you a hint at his inspirations and this sounds a lot like electro-pop. Maybe he's trying to create a new trend with the next album like he did with The Chronic and 2001 and if this is his final solo album it's kind of cool that he goes back to his roots for it imo.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.