UK: The Streets to replace Thriller in the Guiness Book of Records

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
To celebrate MTV's 25th anniversary the channel has teamed up with The Streets, director Alastair Siddons and 25 young people from across the UK to create an epic music video which, at 20 minutes long, looks set to replace "Thriller" in the Guiness Book of Records as the longest music video of all-time. Watch it now at www.mtv.co.uk

The next single to be released from The Streets' Number One album The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living will be "Prangin Out". The track will be a Double A side with the brand new 20 minute track from the MTV video, which is called "Deluded In My Mind".

The single is due for release in the autumn, in the meantime watch the video on MTV UK's website.

great:laugh:
dude aint no rapper, just a fake ass brummie who happens to be from london !!!!
and like the video is gonna be more orignal than thriller !!!

thats my opinion anyway

Nick

The thing that pisses me off about Mike Skinner is how he markets his music as Hip Hop when it isn't even close to it. He's a talented writer, but I really wish he'd decide to never pick up the mic again.

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
Nick said:
The thing that pisses me off about Mike Skinner is how he markets his music as Hip Hop when it isn't even close to it. He's a talented writer, but I really wish he'd decide to never pick up the mic again.
Spoken word is a form of hip hop. And I don't know what you people have got against The Streets. Its good that they show Britain has some sort of Hip Hop to call its own. The Streets get rotation internationally, tell me another Urban UK act that gets as much as them?

EIB

Prize Gotti said:
Spoken word is a form of hip hop. And I don't know what you people have got against The Streets. Its good that they show Britain has some sort of Hip Hop to call its own. The Streets get rotation internationally, tell me another Urban UK act that gets as much as them?
That shit is NOT UK Hip Hop :eek: :eek: :woah: :woah:

Klashnekoff, thats one perfect example of a versitile all round sick lyrical UK Hip Hop artist.

Nick

EIB said:
That shit is NOT UK Hip Hop :eek: :eek: :woah: :woah:

Klashnekoff, thats one perfect example of a versitile all round sick lyrical UK Hip Hop artist.
Exactly.

Mike Skinner is a smart guy, he works with artist who do actually make Hip Hop music - like Sway, Pyrelli, Kano - and uses them to break into that part of the market.

The Streets definatly don't represent what UK Hip Hop is about, saying that is a joke and gives the uneducated listener the impression that it's all this swag when thats far from true. The same way Lady Sovereign is a poor representative of UK Hip Hop, even though Jay-Z felt the need to sign her lol. Skinnymans album shits all over anything The Street have ever put out.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The reason Skinner sells is because he doesn't try and emulate US hip-hop. Too many UK acts try and be like the US scene. When infact we only come across as the U.S's retarded little brother.

When it comes to Rap the US is still Streets ahead. Excuse the pun.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.