UK rap artist banned from US

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Sri Lankan artist M.I.A., whose international hit "Galang" is featured in a Honda Civic commercial, was reportedly banned from entering the United States by American immigration officials after her bid to secure a U.S. visa was turned down.

The U.K.-born urban artist wrote on her MySpace Web site: "I was mennu work with timber startin' this week...I'm locked out! They won’t let me in! Now I'm strictly making my album outside the borders".

M.I.A's debut album, Arular, is believed to have been titled after her father's code name. He is a member of the Tamil Tigers, who continue to fight for independence in Sri Lanka.

PuffnScruff

"I was mennu work with timber startin' this week..." what the hell is this crazy person saying, mennu? timber?

i'm sure there is a good reason she wasnt allowed in just like with all people who are denied entry into any country

PuffnScruff said:
"I was mennu work with timber startin' this week..." what the hell is this crazy person saying, mennu? timber?

i'm sure there is a good reason she wasnt allowed in just like with all people who are denied entry into any country
What makes you so sure?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online