UGK, rank their records and talk about them in general.

7 Syns

In what order do UGK's records come in, personally Ive only touched the surface on this talented duo. I slept on them for almost 10 years before I really discovered their style, music and what-so. Now-a-days, Bun-B rates as one of my favorite emcee's in the south and in hip-hop overall. While Pimp C's material is also up there, with a slightly better flow I bump him heavily. However Bun's lyricism is truelly masterpiece worked, he just sounds real with what he says but doesn't make himself look dumb and ignorant. The dude's got knowledge to kick and I really appreciate that. I consider him the southern Nas without the contradictions ha., hate on that comment all you want.

Ridin' Dirty
Hard To Swallow
Super Tight.
Dirty Money

How does that sound? They also got another record out, it was a joint one that featured them I forgot the name and haven't heard it yet so I can't place it.

peace.

Ridin' Dirty
Dirty Money
Super Tight
Too Hard To Swallow

Though all of 'em (except for Ridin' Dirty, which blows *pause* 'em all away) are pretty equal.

The other album is Side Hustles which isn't bad at all.

*awaits roaches*

Hi Hater said:
Ridin' Dirty
Dirty Money
Super Tight
Too Hard To Swallow
Agreed.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard the Chopped & Screwed album, and if it is worth expending my energy to download it? I can't imagine any conceivable reason for even releasing the album, but I saw it in a store here in AUS, and thought "A UGK album!!! But why, of all their albums, do they only make a chopped and screwed album available?"

Anyway, has anyone heard that shit?

roaches

- Ridin' Dirty is at the top, the rest is debatable.
- Pimp C and Bun B are both supposed to drop solo albums on Rap-a-Lot this year.
- Bun B is #1. As far as the all-time list goes, I can only think of seven better than him, and by the time he's done, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts some of them in a line, and...
- I dare you to name a better rhyme than "Murder" which dropped within 12 months of it.
- It's Bun B and Pimp C. Where the fuck is __ A?

Bun and Pimp's love for each other is admirable, but sometimes it's just not believable:
"I dont fuck with nobody in this shit but Bun / So if you pay me a mil, you gotta give that nigga one." (Outkast / UGK - "Tough Guy")
"If you ain't fittin' ta fuck Pimp / Then you ain't fittin' ta fuck Bun." (UGK - "Let Me See It")

I mean, really, what the fuck?

Bun B did a song with Big Boi for Speakerboxxx, but as far as I know it didn't surface. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Lok

Can you please explain what makes Bs verse on the "Murder" track so special? I want to know what type of joint to post, lol.

roaches said:
I dare you to name a better rhyme than "Murder" which dropped within 12 months of it.
That's a biiig statement for an album dropped Mid 96'.

I see how it is good, but it's not the best from that time. Of course it definately goes down to personal taste, this isn't so absolute as to what is the best verse.

As far as lyrical content, I think it is quite relatively low, but I can't think of anything that surpasses it in flow..debatable.

ridin dirty
super tight
dirty money
too hard to swallow

UGK is my favorite rap group of all time and they are in a category of their own. They make "country rap tunes" to use their own words.

Ridin Dirty is by far the best group rap cd that i own. I can leave that cd in my car for weeks on end and the songs never get old and boring. They flow so well and just keep going and going on certain songs. My favorite songs are One day, Diamonds and Wood and Hi-Life. These songs are just plain incredible and perfect to pump out in the ride when ur blowin on somethin sweet.

Super tight is also great and is some straight up flowing gansta shit. This is also another kick back and smoke a blunt to cd. My favorite tracks are I left it wet for ya, feds in town, and 3 16's.

So basically if you dont have ridin dirty and super tight yall need to tighten up!

peace

Also check ou a song that is called "like yesterday" its not on any of their offical releases youd have to get it off whatever you download songs off of.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.