Twisted Black - The Life of Tommy Burns

Lok

Anyone even bothered to check out this album? I belive it's all over DC & MIRC or whatever. Anyway, you should!
Twisted drops his second solo album on 3R Ent. I only got it a couple of days ago, but I already feel that it's a better album than his first solo over all.

In an age where most MCs fall off lyrically as they get older, this cat ages like fine wine (No Homo). I can't belive this dude been putting it down for over a decade, yet is virtually unknown (For Now).
Lyrically this album is definitely above avarege (at least), production wise....productions wise, he needs to get back with Ernie G again GOD DAMIT! Most of the production is done by 3Rs in house producers (in exception to Erotic D ["The D.O.C - Helter Skelter", some MC Breed song etc.] and Ernie G), and Ernie only does a handful of songs :( .
I understand he's on 3R and everything, but damn baby, Ernies shit is light years ahead of anything they produced for the man (the only song that even comes close to challange Ernie is "Beatiful")

The album features Bun B, Scarface, Slim Thug, BG, Evil Seed from One Gud Cide and a few 3R cats (Mike Dollars, CP (Sounds like Anthony Hamilton) and a couple of otheres). It might seems like a lot of features, but the man hold his own.

Anyway, I love this album, and if you bumped Kanyes new project to the death then you might as well give this baby a chance. You won't be disappointed.

"When I speak about my scares, it ain't the one that's on my cheek bone, but the ones that's in my chest I can't speak on" - I Got You (ft. Scarface)

Beautiful (ft. Dena Yasher)
Day Is Gone Come (prod. by Ernie G)
Push Back (prod. by Ernie G)
Soldier (ft. CP & prod. by Ernie G)
The Jungle (you folks seem to like these types of Kanye style hooks :/)
I Got You (ft. Scarface)
Damn Fool Remix (ft. Bun B)
Still Hood (ft. Evil Seed from One Gud Cide)

It's will probably going to be available for purchase everywhere soon (cdbaby.com , cduniverse.com etc.). Support those that deserve to be supported

http://www.twistedblack145.com/

Lok

He never really talks about how it happened & why (but you can guess) exactly. He does mention the fact that he was shot in face quite a bit (not in a 50 Cent bragging type of way) & he says in a couple of songs that the guy who shot him is now dead.

I think the song that kinda talks about what happened is Let Them Colors Go from the first OGC album, but who knows, he doesnt really talk about the incident a lot.
I should ask my buddy from Ft. Worth, he was the one that hooked me up with the album. He probably heard something through the grape vine + he knows black.

Lok

Congratulations man, it's a classic album + you got it for hella cheap.
Im trying to get my hands on the original release now days, which I probably have no chance of ever doing :(

Mase

WSmakaveli2003 said:
Especially When Its Off Tha Hook ...
You damn right on that, I'm bumping this for the first time now and damn, it could even be better than his first effort.
Immortal Technique fans (SMH), check that "I Got You" track with Scarface. It uses the same sample as "Point Of No Return".

"Ima spit a resume and let you n*ggas check it out
I'm the newest reason that these cats are gona respect the South"

Chronic

Lok said:
He never really talks about how it happened & why (but you can guess) exactly. He does mention the fact that he was shot in face quite a bit (not in a 50 Cent bragging type of way) & he says in a couple of songs that the guy who shot him is now dead.

I think the song that kinda talks about what happened is Let Them Colors Go from the first OGC album, but who knows, he doesnt really talk about the incident a lot.
I should ask my buddy from Ft. Worth, he was the one that hooked me up with the album. He probably heard something through the grape vine + he knows black.
I thought the scar looked pretty bad but it actually looks good considering he was shot by a 12 gauge. Damn.

You know what the deal is with the Contradictions album covers? I have one with a black background, Black in a blue shirt and Evil Seed in a red shirt. And one of them both sitting on a car.

Lok

^exactly.
I had the 99 version for over 3 years & I only found out that it's not the original 3 weeks ago.
The original was released in 97 with 17 joints. Some of the songs from the 97 release were dropped & new songs were added in the 99 version. + all of the songs from the 97 version sound differently than the 99 version because they were mixed differently (added vocals, better quality, more sound effects etc.).
Personally, I never saw the 2001 version in my life.
If you want the original holla, it got some real gems that were later dropped.

Bury Me Or Burn Me (ft. Stack)
Edge Of Death (ft. B.O.D)

One Gud Cide - Contradictinos OG (Back)
One Gud Cide - Contradictinos OG (CD)
One Gud Cide - Contradictinos OG (Front)
One Gud Cide - Contradictinos OG (Insert 1)
One Gud Cide - Contradictinos OG (Insert 2)

Lok

I'l try & upload his video the minute I get it. If it's really good, I might just creat a whole new thread about it :/

Lok

Everytime the fool dropps an album, he gets locked up

http://mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15175061&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475621&rfi=6

Accused of being one of the Permian Basin's top crack cocaine dealers, a 26 year-old aspiring rap musician went on trial Wednesday in U.S. District Court on a charge that could put him in prison for life.

Indicted for conspiracy to possess and distribute more than 50 grams of the powder cocaine derivative, Zeteral Lamar "Zet" Perkins was described by a former co-conspirator as a go-between for Fort Worth dealers who supplied them with an ounce of crack per week.

On the witness stand for most of the day, Angela Denise "Angie" Hudson said she averaged grossing $1,000 a day from when she started selling the drug in December 2003 until a June 2 police raid of her home.

The dark, red-haired Hudson, 34, withstood a rigorous cross examination by defense lawyer Robert Harris of El Paso, who accused her of pleading guilty and falsely accusing Perkins to get her sentence reduced. "Did you tell (a friend) you had five kids and you couldn't go to prison?" Harris asked.

"No, sir," she answered.

"You didn't ask her to give you some advice about who to pin it on?"

"No, sir," Hudson said.

Harris said during a recess Perkins once accepted $1,200 from Hudson not as payment for crack but to help finance a rap show and recording session he was about to leave for in the Metroplex. "Indications are he was a very good rapper and this close to being a star," the attorney said, holding up his thumb and forefinger.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Sandy Beckner and Midland Police Department Sgt. Mitch Russell said U.S. District Judge Robert Junell had rejected their plan to play one of Perkins' recordings to the two-man, 10-woman court jury.

Russell said the untitled song was recorded with two other rappers, extolling the life of drug dealers and using such slang as "slingin' cookies" and "sellin' weight" for crack dealing.

Hudson had testified she gave Perkins the money not to finance his musical ambition but "for dope."

She said the defendant "drove up in his friend Rooster's truck" after the MPD raid at her home to warn her his Fort Worth supplier, Tommy "Twisted Black" Burns and Burns' bodyguard, Leroy "Big" Shelton, were dubious of her claim she had revealed no information.

"Zet said, 'Black and Big, they trippin,'" the witness said, explaining "tripping" means "aggravated." "'They heard you been runnin' your mouth and they done put a hit out on you.'"

Hudson said she told Perkins she had kept his confidence, although she hadn't, but had informed on Burns and Shelton. "I said, 'I'm not goin' to spend the rest of my life in the penitentiary," she said.

"'I know that's the chance we take, but I'm just not.'"

She said police had found six ounces of crack worth $1,000 each in her toilet plumbing, where she had just flushed it, and under a chest of drawers. A conviction on a federal drug conspiracy charge carries a possible sentence of 10 years to life.

Officials of Western Wireless, Western Union and the Sleep Inn and Comfort Inn produced records of cellular telephone calls, money transfers of $1,000 and less from the Mr. Payroll office on Big Spring Street to Burns in Fort Worth and the suspects' checking in and out the motels to exchange money and drugs.

Using terms like "primos," "quails," "cookies" and "slabs," Hudson described her life of selling to customers referred to as "licks" and clandestine drug transactions in various homes and apartments around Midland. She said those activities were interspersed with shopping at Midland Park Mall, getting her hair and nails done and at one point having her car re-painted at Wimpy's Customs.

She said a primo is a cigarette mixing marijuana and crack while quails, cookies and slabs are increasingly large quantities of crack. Hudson also admitted having smoked marijuana cigarettes dipped in formaldehyde.

Testimony continues today with the trial expected to last at least through Friday.

Dude needs to drop the bullshit

roaches

I still haven't been able to find this. I've listened to Contradictions a few times lately, I really slept on it. Thanks again for putting me on.

Lok

I should have paid you to make this thread you know. or Chronic. Maybe folks would have gotten on his dick like they did with Lil Wayne lol.

As for the twisted album, I think it's on Mirc & DC++, but I dont use it so I wouldn't know. I can up it for you if you want; hook you up with the first OGC album too, it's just as good (as contradictions).

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.