Twista abandons "Chi-Rock"

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
The heated trademark dispute over usage of the name "Chi-Rock," between Chicago rappers Twista and Faheem Shabazz, has recently been resolved in Shabazz's favor.

David Gold, Twista's attorney, said that rapper has agreed to abandon the "Chi-Rock" name after Shabazz, also known as BigFa, took legal action.

In a letter written earlier this month Gold wrote, "Please be advised that our client has not released any products under the 'Chi-Roc' mark, Chi-Roc Entertainment has already been dissolved and the registration of the URL 'Chi-Roc.com' has expired. "We are in the process of abandoning the trademark application."

In response a "happy" BigFa replied, "I hope the world can see the truth now that we've won the battle."

"He can't use the term "Chi-Rock" ever again without being sued," Shabazz continued. "There were a lot of angry Chi-Rock members that are now ready to celebrate our victory. I wasn't after his money or fame even though I was bashed by his supporters in the streets, in news articles and on the internet as being a liar and an opportunist."

According to Shabazz, he formed the Chi-Rock Hip-Hop Nation, which he is now president of, with some friends back in 1985 on the far south side of Chicago.

Back in November Twista said that he used the Chi-Rock name as a way to pay tribute to the organization.

BigFa filed a federal trademark application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under United States Trademark Serial Application for the mark CHI-ROCK.

For more information about the Chi-Rock Hip-Hop Nation and Faheem, check out www.bigfa.com.

Source: SOHH.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.