Tupac Shakur's estate files injunction against Death Row Records

Caesar

Staff member
Source: RB Riddle, ThuglifeArmy.com

An adversary complaint was filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California in Los Angeles on July 20, 2007 by lawyers for Amaru Entertainment and Afeni Shakur, co-administrator of the Tupac Shakur Estate, filed for an injunction against Death Row Records, Inc. and R. Todd Neilson, as Chapter 11 Trustee, to prohibit the inclusion of hip hop icon Tupac Shakur's (2Pac) unreleased tracks, compositions or sound recordings in the auction of bankrupted hip hop and rap label Death Row Records.

An adversary complaint was filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California in Los Angeles on July 20, 2007 by lawyers for Amaru Entertainment and Afeni Shakur, co-administrator of the Tupac Shakur Estate, filed for an injunction against Death Row Records, Inc. and R. Todd Neilson, as Chapter 11 Trustee, to prohibit the inclusion of hip hop icon Tupac Shakur's (2Pac) unreleased tracks, compositions or sound recordings in the auction of bankrupted hip hop and rap label Death Row Records.

The injunction sought to restrain the sale of certain assets belonging to the Estate of the murdered hip hop icon Tupac Shakur (2Pac), which are being touted as part of the Death Row Records bankruptcy assets.

With closed bidding ending today, lawyers for the Tupac Estate sought full disclosure by the Bankruptcy Trustee's counsel that the unreleased master recordings in question of the late hip hop icon were not part of the sale. In actuality, the recordings should have been turned over to the Tupac Shakur (2Pac) Estate in 1997, pursuant to a settlement agreement reached with Death Row Records.

I hope they manage to sell off the songs and one of the songs I pray to god is Amerikkkan Revolution. I want that song to come out so badly. If it falls into Amaru's hands or Amaru already has it we have no chance of getting it. :(

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.