Trucker apologizes to Styles P

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The truck driver who broke the leg of rapper Styles P in a traffic accident just before Christmas has apologized to the artist and said the incident was unintentional.

As previously reported, Styles was driving his 2003 Mercedes-Benz on Saw Mill River Road in upstate New York on Saturday, Dec. 23 when he was cut off by 50-year-old John Henson. Styles, born David Styles, exited his vehicle to throw napkins at Henson’s window. When Styles went to get back into his car, Henson drove into the artist, breaking his leg.

In court Tuesday, Henson said he was trying to drive away from the scene after the napkin episode when he saw Styles reach into his coat.

"I didn't know if he had a gun or something else he was going to throw at me," Henson told the newspaper. "I feared for my safety, so I tried to get around him on the left side. I guess I was a foot off. I was all shook up."

Hudson, a divorced father of five from Waterbury, Conn., said he had not heard of Styles P before the incident.

"I don't listen to rap too much, but I do have respect for those people," he said.

The trucker spent Christmas day in jail before posting $1,500 bail. Exiting court Tuesday, Hudson said he has been suspended from his trucking company because of the incident and is now in danger of losing his house because he can't keep up with the mortgage.

He's due back in court on Jan. 26.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.