Trouble finds 50 Cent again

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
After causing controversy in L.A recently; (reported here), 50 Cent has now upset antiviolence groups in Philadelphia. Resulting in the removal of 21 posters promoting his upcoming movie Get Rich or Die Tryin'.

"The message could be 'rob to get rich' ... It's a very offensive message that is part of a mind-set that says you can solve problems with violence," said Bilal Qayyum, a leader of the antiviolence group Men United for a Better Philadelphia.

He praised Clear Channel for agreeing to remove the signs.

"They showed corporate responsibility," Qayyum said.

In a statement, George Kauker, president of the Philadelphia division of Clear Channel Outdoor, said: "Based on clear and vocal negative response from local Philadelphia community groups, we agreed to remove this particular advertisement."

He added that the decision applied the Philadelphia area only.

Personally I feel this is the wrong decision and that Hip-Hop is the reason behind these peoples negative response. After all it is just a film and Quentin Tarantino doesn't experience the problems 50 Cent is currently, and his films are far more violent.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^Dude, if he wasn't holding a gun on the billboard, this wouldn't be happening. Let's not go that route.

shit its up to Phila whether or not they want 50 cent holding guns on a billboard in their own city...IMO it really is not a big deal, but America is way too conservative and blow little things way out of proportion. If we as Americans just looked at it and said, fuck it i dont like the poster but i know that it will not make someone go shoot some one......this shit drives me crazy, so many other things we as Americans need to be worried about than a fucking picture of someone holding guns, A FUCKIN PICTURE

i just think its sad.... there are countless movie billboards out there which promote violence also.... the reason why it receives different reactions is obviously because of the person in the ad, right?

well.. another business story! you make everything you want wit cheddar.. unfortunatly! 50 cent's an interscope puppet that's whassup

U probably right... this is gonna make the film famous... Like it happened to GTA n all dat.
50 is a faggot... n is movie all fake.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.