Tracks that people read too much into

Bobby Sands

A lot of Canibus tracks.People think he is a genius because he uses big words in rhymes.Anyone can look at a thesaurus.I like Canibus but alot of his songs are meaningless.If he used his lyrical ability to rap about social or political issues it would be awesome.

ARon

One song that really comes to mind is Dance by Nas. I think it is a great song but people were really trippin on the whole "Jesus" line.

ImmortalTech said:
Any Immortal Technique track... people are starting to use his shit as history class, or the news.. pffhahahah... idiots
Immortal Technique or CNN for my news source? What would I rather choose?

Immortal Technique.

edit: although I listen to both frequently ;)

i listen to immortal technique too, and i think he is a fairly educated rapper, but using him for a news source or for a history lesson is going too far. Yes I will admit sometimes I look into a line or 2 Technique spits, and I have also found that alot of what he spits is just some paranoid bullshit.

Oh yea, and I got to the point of hating Canibus with a passion cuz of his senseless lines trying to sound intelligent... I'd rather listen to dipset or some crunk shit, atleast they're ignorant and damn proud of it... Unlike Canibus who is one of the most ignorant motherfuckers alive and tries to sound like a college professor.

Right now, I find it amusing when people refer to the socio-political commentary featured on Food & Liquor. I'm also entertained whenever the word 'revolutionary' is mentioned during a discussion about the content of whatever sack of shit joint Dead Prez most recently dropped.

Kadafi Son

albohemia said:
Right now, I find it amusing when people refer to the socio-political commentary featured on Food & Liquor. I'm also entertained whenever the word 'revolutionary' is mentioned during a discussion about the content of whatever sack of shit joint Dead Prez most recently dropped.
I don't know anyone who listens to Dead Prez except Dave Chapelle
A lot of Lil Waynes songs. Not on the net, but in my life, everybody is givin props 2 Wayne by rappin' out his verses. I know he can freestyle but damn.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
albohemia said:
:thumb:

There was a Socio-Democratic propaganda group here at UW, with the Capitalism Kills shirts and all that fun stuff. They were passing around a Revolutionary cd mix, consisting of mostly Dead Prez songs, some Mos Def, and Changes by Tupac.

I was like get the fuck outta here.

^^^ it's all about WAZZU!!!! UW just sucks ass this year, it's all about Eastern Washington!!!!

but back on topic, i agree wit the whole Dead Prez thing...dudes ain't got too much musical talent althought they probably could teach a class on immortal technique and all the lil hip hop hippies who are socio-consicous at UW

Bobby Sands

I Used To Love Her-Common.

Lots of people have this song as their number one of all time.I dont agree.The lyrics are great but i find Common's voice boring and hard to listen to.He talks about the decline in hip-hop.In 94?This was one of the best years for rap and hip hop.when the likes of Illmatic and Hard To Earn(1993) were released.

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
Immortal technique is one of the best mcs in his time, his lyrics are good, he energy he gives is amazing, he can rip up tracks, spit over any beats. I like the fact that he can switch and rip a track up like dominent species then talk about other issues like the bush, iraq, 'the cause of death' but like somebody else said they should not use tech as a history book, but he is saying to ppl go and read it for your self, go and read this book, etc

Back on track though, I dont think theres a problem that ppl read too much into songs, it shows that the artist is keeping them suprised and making their music curious.

You tell em Jasewads! Wads, try getting a new song feat Technique called 'Impeach The President,' offa Green Lanterns new mixtape. i can't remember the name of the mixtape but I am fairly sure it is politically motivated. Sure it'll be on Lanterns website, I am just to busy to take a look...peace.

ARon

Tupac Tha Great said:
I Used To Love Her-Common.

Lots of people have this song as their number one of all time.I dont agree.The lyrics are great but i find Common's voice boring and hard to listen to.He talks about the decline in hip-hop.In 94?This was one of the best years for rap and hip hop.when the likes of Illmatic and Hard To Earn(1993) were released.
That is the funniest part about people hatin on Rap everyday. There has been music no one likes forever, and it will be like that forever, so really whats the point.

So, what is it exactly that Immortal Technique says that you disagree with? Before you bring up "Bin Laden", go listen to the song again... He's talking about how Bush (George H.W. Bush Sr.) funded al queda and gave them the weapons and training to fight the russians in the 80's/90's. Bin Laden was used by the CIA to defeat the Russians in Afganastan. The Bin Laden family and the Bush family have close documented ties. This information has been reported on by all of the major news outlets, CNN, NBC, BBC, Etc... not by some UFO Conspiracy theorists or anti-establishment tabloids.

Don't be so quick to judge people and call them idiots because the question what our deceptive government's motives are... and don't be so quick to assume that YOU know the truth about what our government has or hasn't done based on what you read in the post or the times. Before you go and say immortal technique is off his rocker, watch the video I've linked below. It sounds like you are the one who should do some reading here...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9IHgFwYeB-Y

All the information is out there and it's all bee reported by major news outlets. It paints a very interesting picture when you look only at the raw data...
To quote 2pac "I'm not parinoid"

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.