Top 10 MC's According To MTV.

linx

Staff member
MTV's Hip-Hop brain trust debated yesterday on who the hottest MCs in the game are.
Some might get offended but the following list is based on recent activity which means 'who's the hottest in the game RIGHT NOW'.

1. Lil Wayne
2. T.I.
3. The Game
4. Andre 3000
5. Kanye West
6. Young Jeezy
7. Jay-Z
8. 50 Cent
9. Common
10. Jim Jones
Thoughts?

...HHID.

masta247

Staff member
Yeah I've already seen this.

No thoughts.. I don't even want to think about it. I'd come to some strange conclusions. They could at least add "most popular" or "with most plays on mtv" or something. There's nothing like "best mc's, based on recent activity". They could rather say "best newcomers" or something. Anyway it's a huge disrespect for really great mc's like wu-tang members, nas and other great mcs still in the game.

ARon

People are gonna go crazy over this for nothing. When it comes to who is "hot" at the moment they are pretty much right. Of course I'd like to see Nas up there cus he has recently made some noise but whatever. Those top 10 are definitely puttin out a lot of material, some of em arent putting msuic out I like but nevertheless respect is do.

Casey

Staff member
1. Lil Wayne ahahahahahahahahahaha.....nope
2. T.I. .....not enough personality for my liking
3. The Game yeah, i'd probably say Game is number 1 right now.
4. Andre 3000 you can't fuck with Andre, but he needs to redeem himself after the mess of that idlewild project
5. Kanye West we'll see how graduation sounds....
6. Young Jeezy LMAO!!!!!!!
7. Jay-Z nah. ain't dropped enough recently, kingdom come was aight
8. 50 Cent fuck no.
9. Common should be higher up
10. Jim Jones this list sucks balls

FroDawgg

yeah i basically dislike half the list, but they're going by "hot" which is accurate. sure my favorite is nas but he hasn't put out anything in a few months

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I agree with the top three but in a different order,

1. TI
2. Weezy
3. Game (I like Game more than Weezy probably, but he isnt that *hot* right now so I bumped him to three.)

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
^^ Yep that is exactly what it is I dont see why people get upset, its a "who is hot right now" list not a talent list.

ARon

^You need to go....

Just one person in the "brain trust" at MTV makes it credible, Sway.

Leave the ignorance off the screen next time.

uh oh.. looks like we've struck a chord... oh well.. the list is still whack.... lil wayne is not more popular than 50 cent right now.. and jim jones had it going with the "baalliin" catchphrase... how is common on this? he just came out with a cd... my point exactly...

linx

Staff member
Don't ask me why I even posted that list. I guess to see what kind of reactions it would stir up? There's really no reason to care about the list, espically since it comes from MTV. An MC to them is probably different than what we consider an MC. If you wanna talk about hottest commercial rappers in the game though, their list is perfect. Big ups to Common for being on there though.

bottom line is it's some muppets opinion on who's hot right now at putting out your usual commercial shite. Depends what you mean by 'hot at the moment' though, hot as in tite or hot as in commercial value? If it's the first then this list is an absolute crock of shite. Full stop. If it's the second then yeah, it's pretty much right.

cheers now, dont cry.

ARon

Please stop disregarding this and using the excuse as it's MTV anyway. Look at who the ten people are debating this, they are people who garner respect. One is part of the Roots crew but ya'll don't seem to look into or care about that, after all it's MTV.

_carmi

me, myself & us
they should name that list top 10 hottest mcs right now. and then i'd say i don't agree on jay-z, the game, common and jim jones being on that list cause they aint the hottest right now.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.