Too Tight: MC Hammer Talks About His Death Row Records Album With Tupac

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
With respect to VIBE’s “51 Best Albums That Never Were,” legendary rapper MC Hammer spoke on why his Death Row Records debut album Too Tight was shelved.

“It was the year [1996] that Pac actually lost his life – a year of turmoil. Music became insignificant at the time. You know Death Row transitioned, Suge had got arrested at that time. So we didn’t have a chance to get the music out, Hammer told VIBE.

“I just remember how excited Pac was working on the album with me. We had already done three or four things together for the album. The title track “Too Tight,” Pac had laid down the concept, I came up with the track. Pac had already laid down the hook and started writing verses because he wanted it to be a certain way from his perspective.”

The “U Can’t Touch This” hit-maker is also gearing-up for a reality show – dubbed Hammertime – which will air on A&E sometime this year and will revolve around the day to day life of Hammer and his family while living in California.

Click here to download “Too Tight” featuring Tupac Shakur and Jewell.

sorry 4 the 2 posts, but is Michel'le in this too?.

Check the 2 and 3 second mark in the sample, theres a squeaky high voice, that sounds like Michel'le talking.

It IS Nanci Flethcer. not Jewell.

After watching the video of it on youtube, i can relate to the frustration that 2pac shows when he says "oh Nanci, oh Nanci". Im in studios sometimes all day, and when people dont get their takes or parts right, or take alot of time doing it, its very annoying.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.