Too Short

I was reading an interview with Cellski, most people probably never heard of him but, he said this.

Who inspired you to enter the rap Game?

too short,ice t,cougnut,run dmc.my favorite rapper to this day is too short.i remember them home made tapes.too short is the first nigga to do mixtapes.

Is there any truth to this? Thanks :thumb:

Lok

Maybe in the bay, you can't reall know what folks in other areas were up to.
What he means is that he would record songs on tapes (without covers or tracklists. so I guess you can call them mixtapes since they werent official releases) & slang them from the back of the car.
A gang of poeple used to do that, but Short was probably one of the first. Shit, DJ Quik has a few mixtapes from WAY back in the day that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on. I heard he rips Eazy E a new one on them tapes.

he put out trunk tapes him and freddie b on the 75 girls record label

i think they were called

dont stop rappin

players

raw uncut and x rated or some shit like that

xxx

groobz said:
There's Tooshort mixtapes that he was selling in 1984, so the dudes been around a looooong time. Biiiiiiiatch
I was thinking he was almost releasing albums by then, so it might even be around 1980 maybe.

I am pretty sure his first Nationaly released album was Born to Mack in 1988

I think the following were under an independent label 75 girls according to covers.
Don't Stop Rappin was 1983
Players was 1985
Raw, Uncut & X-Rated was 1987

oops forgot to say I am uppping the three independent albums right now. I am not sure how long they will take but will post the links when I am done. The quality is not great since they were ripped from tapes but are pretty rare unless you live in the bay area during the time they were sold.

According to what he says, he's been doing it since 1980. He's one of the longest lasting rappers around to never really reach the mainstream, and one of the best to come out of Oakland. Beyotch!!!!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.