Tony Yayo Talking Reckless About Ghostface Killah

THEV1LL4N

So what do you really think about those guys who say they're not going to curse anymore?
They're just saying it. They're not going to really do it.

Yeah, it's hard to imagine Ghostface is going to stop cursing, especially considering his last couple of records.

The peanut gallery: "Nobody even cares what he does." "Who's listening to him, anyway?" "That was the '90s, B. Kids don't even know Ghostface anymore." "The streets are different now," says Yayo. "Guys like Ghostface don't matter. They don't. They had a run, but it's over."

But can't he just make a great record, even if it doesn't sell, and we can appreciate it as listeners, as hip-hop fans?
No, because a great record is embraced and enjoyed by the public. And it's played in cars and clubs.

What if it sells a couple hundred thousand copies, isn't that valid? Or does it have to sell millions for you to take it seriously?
In my camp, a couple hundred thousand records is a failure. From my perspective, if I sell 200,000 copies, after selling 12 million records, it's considered terrible.

But maybe he's trying to make a different kind of record?
What, the kind people don't buy?

No, one with incredible, detailed storytelling that's moving and powerful, and isn't dependent on some obvious hook.
Look, I understand all that. But if you're on a major record label, and he is, and you sell a couple hundred thousand records, that was a failure. Your fuckin' photos and videos aren't recouped with 200,000 copies sold.

OK, but can you at least acknowledge that a commercial flop, like, say, Supreme Clientele, can still be an artistic achievement?

"He didn't even write that album, man," says Yayo, his eyes narrowing.

What?

Yayo: "He didn't write it. That kid from Far Rockaway -- Superb -- he wrote that record. You know Superb from Far Rock?"

No, and that's a pretty serious charge.
I don't know nothing about any of that. He's the writer. I'm not gonna say he ain't write it. But it still didn't work! I mean, when I make music, I make it with the intention that the world's gonna enjoy it. I have music that I feel like is really good music, but I haven't released it. There's things playing at my house right now that's never gonna be played on the radio. And that music isn't out there, because I didn't feel like enough people would actually respond to it.

(Source: www.shadybase.com)

fuk yayo he's a fag like the rest of his crew what gives him the juice to talk smack about Ghostface?

dude shud go back to slangin..

yeah i know how the hell can yayo talk record sales..... and if i see him do that hand in front of the face thing again im gonna puke

linx

Staff member
Yayo is a fucking clown. And that's an understatement, believe me. The fact that he would diss someone like Ghostface makes me laugh. Not only is Ghost better than Yayo is and ever can be, but he's part of one of the best groups in history AND he's had a consistent career as a solo artist. Seriously, Yayo needs to stop before he gets put in his place. Dude aint even mediocre when it comes to being a rapper! He needs to be slapped for having that arrogant-im the best ever attitude.

roaches

http://www.spin.com/features/magazine/2007/07/0707_50cent/

"The peanut gallery: "Nobody even cares what he does." "Who's listening to him, anyway?" "That was the '90s, B. Kids don't even know Ghostface anymore." "The streets are different now," says Yayo. "Guys like Ghostface don't matter. They don't. They had a run, but it's over."

"
"He didn't even write that album, man," says Yayo, his eyes narrowing."

"
Yayo: "He didn't write it. That kid from Far Rockaway -- Superb -- he wrote that record. You know Superb from Far Rock?""

It's from a 50 Cent interview, the comments I just quoted are the only ones from that section said by Yayo. I think 50 made some good points.

i'm not gonna say that he (yayo) is right or wrong, but damn. Like, could i come out and say "uhh Ghost didn't write that record, man" and have it be a legitimate claim? Yayo would not even be in a position to say this if 50 wasnt being interviewed. 50 is his fucking man apparently, and he's not even going to let him put out another record. Even if he knows Ghost didnt write Supreme, he is absolutely not the one to say anything about it.

it's sad when rappers believe their own hype. record sales alone don't mean shit, i wish these clowns today could understand that. just cuz you're movin units don't make your shit a classic record, and just cuz a record didn't sell xxx million copies don't mean it's wack. it's because of fools like this in the rap game today that i don't even listen to rap anymore unless its from an artist that i already know and like.

what the fuck has Yayo done anyway? Ghost has done more in his career than Yayo could do in 3 lifetimes.

Tony Starks>Tony Yayo

Ghostface Killah got more street cred, style, charisma and lyrics then Yayo...not to mention more Gold/Platnium records to his name as a solo artist and as a main member of the Wu-Tang....Ghost not writing his shit? Thats bogus, anybody that is a Wu head knows that Ghost style has always been off the wall after 36chambers....thats just how random and wild dude is.

Hope the Wu whoop Yayo's ass, shit even Sun God got better lyrics...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.