Tony Yayo charged with assaulting 14-year-old

Tony Yayo was arrested and charged with misdeameanour assault and endangering the welfare of a minor following a previously reported incident in which he allegedly assaulted the son Jimmy ‘Henchmen’ Rosemond.

Yayo will face court April 25th after being released on $5,000 bail.

"We adamantly deny the allegations as put forth by the District Attorney's office today," said Tony Yayo’s lawyer Scott E. Leemon.

Benjamin Brafman, lawyer for 50 Cent, said he was not involved in the incident contrary to the initial reports:

"We are conducting our own investigation to determine exactly what happened in Manhattan on Tuesday, Mar. 20th,” he said. “One thing I can say with absolute certainty, however, is that at the time of the alleged incident, 50 Cent was not in New York State."

Cynthia Reed, mother to the assaulted child, said that “It's a shame that 50 Cent and Tony Yayo could feel comfortable slapping and physically attacking an innocent 14-year-old minor that they market and promote their records to. This is a cowardly act on my son who has done nothing to warrant the verbal and physical abuse he received. This should be looked as a step away from child molestation.”

“This issue should not be taken lightly and these men should be looked upon as a serious threat to society, having taken their relentless public rants towards their rivalries to a level of extreme," she added.

The rivalry between Jimmy Rosemond’s Czar Entertainment and the Violater Management artists 50 Cent and Tony Yayo stems from several sources.

Czar Entertainment manages rapper The Game, who was once a member of G-Unit has openly feuded with his former colleagues since splitting from the group.

It is also believed that at the end of last year Yayo and Rosemond had a verbal exchange of some kind at Justo’s 10th Annual Mixtape Awards.

In 2005 50 Cent lost a court case against Jimmy Rosemond over footage used in an interview for the DVD The Infamous Times - Volume I: The Original 50 Cent.

50 Cent said that the documentary, which focused on the ‘real’ 50 Cent (a deceased criminal), infringed his trademarked 50 Cent logo. After the courtcase Jimmy Rosemond said:

“It shows he would go to every extent in his jealous rage to humiliate Game and his management. He didn't win on his turf, the courthouse, and he surely can't win on my turf, the streets.”

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
You beat me to it with the story, but fucked up on Yayo's part, if he really smacked that kid. Honestly that's something I can picture Yayo do, I dunno why.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.