Timbaland collaborates with Rockstar for music game

Timbaland has just announced that he will work with Rockstar Games – makers of the acclaimed Grand Theft Auto series – to create a music game.

"I've always been a huge fan of Rockstar and love playing their games," said Timbaland. "[I'm] thrilled to be partnering with them and making music for Beaterator. I cannot wait to get this in the hands of our fans!"

The game, Beaterator, started as a Macromedia Flash real-time music sequencer and sampler on the Rockstar Games website.

Rockstar Games says the upcoming PlayStation Portable version “is both a powerful portable music mixer with robust beatmaking features, as well as a highly-addictive collection of rhythm games and challenge modes - all in the palm of your hand.”

Sam Houser, the founder of Rockstar Games, was happy that Timbaland agreed to join the project: "Having Timbaland involved in the game is a real honour. Music has always been a hugely important part of everything we do here," he said. "[When] we launched a web-based version of Beaterator on our own website...people really embraced it. That inspired us to build and create something very interactive and unique."

The company also created a Rhymerator program which functioned as an online rhyming dictionary.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.