Throwback: 13 years later, I finally rate Tical a classic....

7 Syns

I guess the wait for a genuine classic from Method Man has ended, ironically where it all began for him as a solo artist. For the longest time I thought that Tical was a cool album. I really digged the entire record, from the beats RZA laced to the rugged flow Mef's used to his lyrical arsenal. However I never rated it a classic because compared to some other albums out at that time (Wu-Tang Solo's included) it didn't quite measure up. That's all changed.

As I went to work the other day I bumped Tical all the way through for like the 100th time. Almost knowing every rhyme Mef's was spitting like the back of my hand, mumming to myself all the beats being banged out. Then I finally reached the song "I Get My Thang In Action" and for some reason or another I never really listened to this song like I did that day. I mean I must of heard it a thousand times but never really payed such in-depth attention to it like that. As my head nodded like it was '94 all over again, reminiscing about my older cousins playing bball and bumping Tical at the local ball park. All of them rocking everything Jordan. I thought to myself, this album is so fundamental to me. It's as classic as any classic i've ever thought was classic. lol

Not only is the music the shit, but it brings me a vibe which reminded me of growing up when shit was so much simpler. I admit it didn't really break any new ground but fuck all that, this album is what would happen if you could somehow make a cd out of ganja.

peac3.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.