Three 6 Mafia get Oscar nomination

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
It’s probably safe to assume that Three 6 Mafia – the trio behind such hits as “Baby Mama,” “Tear da Club Up” and the cough medicine classic “Sippin on some Syrup” – never thought their names would appear on a list of Academy Award nominees.

But thanks to their efforts on Hustle & Flow’s dramatic tune “It’s Hard Out Here For A Pimp,” the Memphis group will be walking the red carpet next month among the Brokeback Mountain and Good Night, and Good Luck folks as proud nominees in the category, Best Achievement In Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Song).

While Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson (as Memphis pimp Djay and his hooker Shug) perform the song in the film and for the soundtrack, the music and lyrics were penned by Three 6 Mafia group members Jordan (Juicy J) Houston, Cedric (Crunchy Black) Coleman and Paul (DJ Paul) Beauregard.

With the Oscar nod, Three 6 Mafia becomes the first African-American rap group in history to be nominated for a Best Song Oscar trophy. But white rapper, Eminem, won an Oscar in 2002 for his 8 Mile anthem “Lose Yourself.”

Meanwhile, the group has several television appearances in circulation on MTV, including a new episode of MTV’s Cribs and a Wild N Out performance of "Poppin' My Collar,” which premieres tonight at 10 p.m. Three 6 Mafia will also be featured on MTV's Jamie Kennedy Show this spring.

Their last hit, "Stay Fly" is a platinum certified digital single and is currently No. 2 on the Top 40 Mainstream chart, No. 19 Top 40 Rhythm and a Top 5 single at Urban Mainstream.

Lok

*Listens to Lord Infamous's solo Tape & can't belive it*

"LICK MY NUTS LICK MY NUTS, SUCK MY FUDGE SUCK MY FUDGE"

Lok

"Lord Of Terror", it dropped in 94. And good luck hehe. Im pretty sure it was an underground tape that didn't come with a cover or a tracklist (like 99.9% of all Triple Six's projects). Also, you should really be either a big Triple Six fan or a big Memphis fan to really appreciate it.

Here are a few tracks from the tape if you want:
Track 2
Track 3
Track 8

Freedom Froggy

Think_ThuGLiFE said:
i hurd they r devil worrshipers.... but im not 100% sure bout that

sumthin sum1 told me a lil while ago?

Any truth 2 it?
i heard that too awhile back... but its never been confirmed.. its only because of their name "triple six"

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
artisticgurl said:
I'm VERY supised this happened from the Acadamy..

Whats the song like? Ive never heard it..
It's OK. It's the Song Terrence Howard creates with DJ Qualls in his back room in the film.

Lok said:
"Lord Of Terror", it dropped in 94. And good luck hehe. Im pretty sure it was an underground tape that didn't come with a cover or a tracklist (like 99.9% of all Triple Six's projects). Also, you should really be either a big Triple Six fan or a big Memphis fan to really appreciate it.

Here are a few tracks from the tape if you want:
Track 2
Track 3
Track 8
Repost PLEASE tha links expired b4 I got them..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.