Thoughts on these albums?

I'm thinking about getting some of these and need any of your thoughts/reviews please.

Ras Kass - Institutionalized
Mase - Double Up
Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
Nas - Stillmatic
Nas - God's Son
Slim Thug - Already Platinum
Outkast - ATLiens
Outkast - Aquemini
Ludacris - Red Light District
Method Man & Redman - Blackout
Tha Eastsidaz - Dueces N Trayz
Cassidy - Split Personality

Thanks.

Would you guys mind elaborating more plz? I only intend to get a couple straight away and am not sure which ones I wanna get.

Also, what's wrong with the Mase one?

yayo

stardust said:
I'm thinking about getting some of these and need any of your thoughts/reviews please.

Nas - Stillmatic
Nas - God's Son
Both Nas albums are good, Rass Kass isn't too bad. Can't comment on the rest of your list.

PuffnScruff

stardust said:

Mase - Double Up
Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
Nas - Stillmatic
Nas - God's Son
Outkast - ATLiens
Outkast - Aquemini

Thanks.
nas-stillmatic & god's son=what the hell are you waiting for?!?!:eek:

outkast-atleins & aquemini=again wth? both are classics imo

ludacris-red light district = i would pass, i didnt find it all that great. i only listened to it once or twice. maybe a few songs that have replay value, and thats a big maybe. this is just my opinion though

methad man & redman-blackout= i have this, personally i only like 3 songs off of it. it wasnt that great. even when i would get really really stoned i couldnt even get into it.

I'll comment on the ones I've heard:

Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
Nothing short of a classic, IMO. I can literally play this album from beginning to end, without skipping a song. When I speak of Kurupt, I speak of this as his prime. He lyrically comes nice on every single track. Daz doesn't slack off though. I've never been that big of a Daz fan, but I gotta admit, he definately steps up to the plate on this album. His production is nothing less than top notch and each beat fits each song to a T. Cop this and you won't regret it.

Nas - Stillmatic
There isn't anything that I can say that hasn't been said already. A classic in every since of the word.

Nas - God's Son
A tight album by Nas. In no way does it compare to Stillmatic, but it's a nice album. His production choice is skeptic, but then again, it wouldn't be Nas if it wasn't like that lol. IMO though, this album doesn't have much of a replay value. As nice as it is, it wears quickly. This album is good to have, but not necessarily an immediate pick-up.

*Note: See if you can get the version with the bonus disc, it has a nice freestyle where he tells a well put together story, another story (written though) and one more tight track.

Veerrry underated album. Me and my lil' bro was going to pick-up a CD together. I was getting Cassidy's I'm A Hustla, he chose Already Platinum. I tried to tell him, "Don't get it, it's going to be a waste of money." Naturally, he disagreed and copped it anyways. So when we exchanged albums to listen to, damn, I don't think I was ever more wrong in my life. This album was/ is ridiculous. Slim applies his lyrics to the beats on a great level. He can actually put songs together, too - something I thought he wouldn't be able to do. There are some cuts he could've left off, but all in all, it is a great album, especially for a rookie. Cop this most definately

About 2-3 songs on here that I like, and even the songs I like have no replay value. This shit sucks

When I bought this album when it first came out, I don't know why I did. I must not have had anything else to spend my money on. It sucked so bad that I wasn't even mad after I listened to the album, mainly becuase I knew it would suck. Now once again, I don't know why I bought the album. My opinion: you can definately do with out this album.

Casey

Staff member
Ras Kass - Institutionalized - Not as good as "Soul On Ice", but alright still

Mase - Double Up - Nowhere near as good as "Harlem World" but there's 2 or 3 tracks that are alright.

Dogg Pound - Dogg Food - classic.

Nas - Stillmatic - classic.

Nas - God's Son - defo worth getting.

Outkast - ATLiens - classic.

Outkast - Aquemini - classic.

Ludacris - Red Light District - Average.

Method Man & Redman - Blackout - Above average.

Cassidy - Split Personality - pretty wack IMO.

Nas - Stillmatic - Definitly worth getting, the rest of them summed it up though, very nice Nas album, even though i'm not the biggest Nas fan.

Ludacris - Red Light District - Ehhh, I liked it. But was it worth the money? Maybe... it's decent, thats about it.

Cassidy - Split Personality - Nice album, I got it, liked it, but if you havn't got "I'm a Hustla" yet, then you should cop that one first. Cuz this is a step under from that album, but all in all its worth buying.

get ones in bold

Mase - Double Up
Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
Nas - Stillmatic
Nas - God's Son

Outkast - ATLiens
Outkast - Aquemini

Mase - Double Up
Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
Nas - Stillmatic
Nas - God's Son
Outkast - ATLiens
Outkast - Aquemini

Out of these...I'd have to snatch up Ras Kass, both Outkasts, Luda, and Nas - God's Son. Stillmatic was a bit of a let down to me, but I'd still choose it over a lot of these other albums.

stardust said:

Ras Kass - Institutionalized (I don't know about this, i ain't listening yet, but Ras is great)
Mase - Double Up (Piece of trash)
Dogg Pound - Dogg Food (Classic!)
Nas - Stillmatic (You need this, definitely)
Nas - God's Son (Worth buying)
Slim Thug - Already Platinum (Already crap, in my opinion)
Outkast - ATLiens (Classic, IMO)
Outkast - Aquemini (maybe not classic, but close, cop both)
Ludacris - Red Light District (Mhhhh, i don't think so... Overall a wack album)
Method Man & Redman - Blackout (good shit, for sure!)
Tha Eastsidaz - Dueces N Trayz (one of my favorites, this cd is bangerrrrrr! DPGC 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!)
Cassidy - Split Personality (Whaaat? Are you serious??? i rather prefer I'ma Hustla, but not 24/7 LOL, not my type of music anyway)

Thanks.
My opinions... :rolleyes:

If you have to choose only three, the winners are:

Nas - Stillmatic
Outkast - ATLiens
Dogg Pound - Dogg Food

Confucius87 said:
I'll comment on the ones I've heard:

Nas - Stillmatic
There isn't anything that I can say that hasn't been said already. A classic in every since of the word.
Someone has been smoking crack again! It's a good album but by no means a classic.

^why because the Source says?! please! Not EVERY track on there is a classic track and it's not a coheasive piece of work. The guest appearances and beats let the album down as do the weaker tracks SMOKIN and RULE

FroDawgg

no, i don't listen to the source. yeah smokin is kinda bad...i love rule. ok i should have said a classic in my opinion, as long as you say by no means in your opinion. :)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.