this month's XXL/the source album ratings (new each month)

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
alright. i'm going to attempt to start a monthly-renewed thread. here's how it's gonna work:

every month, i'm going to go and pick up the source and XXL. and maybe vibe, too. i've been doing this for a while. however, from now on, i shall be posting the ratings of all albums reviewed in the review sections of the respective magazines.

i would type up the reviews, too, but that seems slightly unnecessary. however, if you would like a specific review, let me know, and i'll see what i can do.

anyway, if anyone else happens to get their copies before me, and would like to post up a certain month's reviews, feel free to do so.

remember, there will be new ratings every month, so whenever you see this post on the first page of the board, be sure to check it.

anyway, here are the reviews:

XXL (november 2005):

lil' kim > the naked truth > XL (4/5)
paul wall > the people's champ > XL (4/5)
t.i./p$c > 25 to life > L (3/5)
ghostface/trife da god > 718: stapleton to somalia > L (3/5)
ras kass > institutionalized > XL (4/5)
tragedy khadafi > thug matrix > L (3/5)
'OFFICIAL BOOTLEGS' (mixtape of the month): dj skee > ghost unit > XL (4/5)

totals this month:

XXL's: 0 / XL's: 4 / L's: 3 / M's: 0 / S's: 0 (7 total reviews)
average score: 3.5714 (L-XL > XL)

the source (november 2005):

kanye west > late registration > 4.5 mics (4.5/5.0)
jim jones > harlem: diary of a summer > 3.5 mics (3.5/5.0)
AZ > a.w.o.l. > 3.5 mics (3.5/5.0)
youngbloodz > ev'rybody knows me > 3 mics (3.0/5.0)
tony yayo > thoughts of a predicate felon > 2.5 mics (2.5/5.0)

totals this month:

5 mics: 0 / 4.5 mics: 1 / 4 mics: 0 / 3.5 mics: 2 / 3 mics: 1 / 2.5 mics (or lesser): 1 (5 total reviews)
average score: 3.4 (3 mics - 3.5 mics > 3.5 mics)

XXL (december 2005):

bun b > trill > XL (4/5)
twista > the day after > XL (4/5)
big boi/purple ribbon all-stars > got purp? vol. 2 > XL (4/5)
warren g > in the mid-nite hour > XL (4/5)
chamillionare > the sound of revenge > L (3/5)
gza/dj muggs > grandmasters > XL (4/5)
o.c. > smoke and mirrors > L (3/5)
'OFFICIAL BOOTLEGS' (m.o.t.m.): clinton sparks > we got it 4 cheap, vol. 2 > XL (4/5)

totals this month:

XXL's: 0 / XL's: 6 / L's: 2 / M's: 0 / S's: 0 (8 total reviews)
average score: 3.75 (L-XL > XL)

TheCat

cheers 4 that, appriciate the time u took to check that out, i stopped buying those mags for a long time now, am more in HHC myself but thats sold in Uk only.

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
TheCat said:
cheers 4 that, appriciate the time u took to check that out, i stopped buying those mags for a long time now, am more in HHC myself but thats sold in Uk only.
that was your 1,000th post, by the way.

just thought you'd like to know.

Thanx man for the effort. Here in Deroit, even if I got to the store and buy the magazines, they still never arrive until about the 5th or 6th of the month. Good lookin' out:thumb:

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
Confucius87 said:
Thanx man for the effort. Here in Deroit, even if I got to the store and buy the magazines, they still never arrive until about the 5th or 6th of the month. Good lookin' out:thumb:
yeah, no problem. *shifts eyes to the top right corner of post*

by the way, that last couplet in your signature is hot. about the eggshells. good stuff.

FrOgStRaDaMuS said:
since the source has beef with gunit its no suprise

glad bun b gettin his due!
lmao, thats nothin to do with yayos cd actually being trash

the source gave game and banks at least 3.5 im pretty sure banks got 4 and game 4.5 ;)

ps gr8 thread, its good to see comparisons on reviewing guidelines. props :)

I'm glad the source kept it real with tony yayo's album. There not on his nuts like XXL which i think gave him a XL. I wonder how many people interscope had to bribe to get him that rating.

Euphanasia

XxNastyNasQBxX said:
I'm glad the source kept it real with tony yayo's album. There not on his nuts like XXL which i think gave him a XL. I wonder how many people interscope had to bribe to get him that rating.
i agree, Yayo's album was worse than "the massacre," and that's pretty bad

I don't remember XXL rating Yayo's album and I have a subscription to the magazine. Did I miss it?

I also don't remember XXL rating Encore or The Documentary either

Someone please confirm this for me

one

PurelyPac said:
i agree, Yayo's album was worse than "the massacre," and that's pretty bad

I don't remember XXL rating Yayo's album and I have a subscription to the magazine. Did I miss it?

I also don't remember XXL rating Encore or The Documentary either

Someone please confirm this for me

one

XXL gave Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon a XL. they said it was "quality, hitting close to home" and that yayo had a "rawness and intensity" ish like that. fucking bullshit. that album blew.

XXL has given interscope about 10 fucking covers in the last two years, it is hella insane, i think they have a little deal worked out.

A

Advocate said:
XXL has given interscope about 10 fucking covers in the last two years
It's worse than that. My friend let me borrow his copy of the Source with G-Unit on the cover (the one where it talks about their possible demise). And the Source has this article in there about the relationship that Interscope and XXL have. The Source points out that with the last 21 issues of XXL, 14 belong to an artist of Interscope or artists on Intersope's parent company Universal. That's a damn shame.

Between January '04-October '04, 6 of 10 months featured a Interscope artist, whom was most likely under the G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath umbrella. Between January '05-September '05, again 6 months were given to Interscope artists - including a January/February double issue for both years and the special edition of Shade 45.

It really makes you think, don't it? lol

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
Confucius87 said:
It's worse than that. My friend let me borrow his copy of the Source with G-Unit on the cover (the one where it talks about their possible demise). And the Source has this article in there about the relationship that Interscope and XXL have. The Source points out that with the last 21 issues of XXL, 14 belong to an artist of Interscope or artists on Intersope's parent company Universal. That's a damn shame.

Between January '04-October '04, 6 of 10 months featured a Interscope artist, whom was most likely under the G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath umbrella. Between January '05-September '05, again 6 months were given to Interscope artists - including a January/February double issue for both years and the special edition of Shade 45.

It really makes you think, don't it? lol
by the way, if anyone wants that article (^), or any other one, let me know, and i'll scan it, zip it, and up it for ya. i just don't wanna do that with an article that nobody SPECIFICALLY requested, seeing as how it takes a decent amount of time to do.

i might end up scanning all the reviews next month, so that you can read both the ratings and the reviews. i'll see what happens though - if you guys deserve it. :D

Freedom Froggy

sniper said:
lmao, thats nothin to do with yayos cd actually being trash

the source gave game and banks at least 3.5 im pretty sure banks got 4 and game 4.5 ;)

ps gr8 thread, its good to see comparisons on reviewing guidelines. props :)
did you read the nov issue of the source? it has a whole section dissin gunit and endorsing the the gunot campainge...

you think they gonna have total disrespect on gunit in an atricle and then give yayo a fucking 5 mics.. yea right.. be smart about it

they talked bout them kats like they was trash

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.