This is my thread

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Anyone watch John Oliver? He's got good content, but I feel like the sarcasm of a lot of these news shows gets old real quick. The Daily Show and Jon Stewart fell into the same trap, I feel.

Colbert goes a little meta by pretending to be a conservative and mocking conservative views, and so his stuff doesn't quite get old for me. But now I fear that John Oliver is heading down the same path as TDS and the jokes and expressions seem somewhat linear.

New Better Call Saul tonight. I'm enjoying this show with each passing episode. I wasn't ready for it.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I fuck with All Day heavy.

can't wait for official release.

now, let's have pitts tell us about all the grime rappers on stage at the brits.

SOUTH
SOUTH
SOUTH

SIIIIIDE

all day.

ARon

now, let's have pitts tell us about all the grime rappers on stage at the brits.

SOUTH
SOUTH
SOUTH

SIIIIIDE

all day.

Did I send you that snap today? That song goes. I really really want to hear Wolves though

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member

SOUTH
SOUTH
SOUTH

SIIIIIDE

all day.

Fuck knows. I don't watch The Brits. Or listen to Grime. Although.... I like my hip-hop grimy. The first Dizzee Rascal album was good.

Although this is making my Merc shake at the moment.....!

I like to celebrate my duality by blaring it into the company car park and then stepping out with my Saville Row suit.... :)

You need the right speakers to appreciate it.

Also..... I have noticed that hip-hop seems to be becoming influenced by UK garage music. Music that I listened to back in 96.

These are 2 recent ones of the top of my head.

Maybe it's similar to when Danja started using synths a lot and rap moved towards House Music? Dunno. I only dip in and out.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Also... The UK Press have a hard on for Kanye. Trying to bad mouth him at every opportunity.

The UK people are easily influenced by what they read (those who can) and what they watch on TV. So.... I imagine his profile will be heavily affected in the UK. Although it won't affect album sales or concert tickets.

Personally.... I am a huge fan. His arrogance is not a problem for me. I relate.

dilla

Well, I always tend to have different opinions on shows than the rest of the internet. A lot of people didn't like this season but I felt it served its purpose and had its place.

I don't care much for politics and I don't know shit about the branches of government, but this show still manages to keep me very interested.

So take that for what it's worth.

Started The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt today. It's a Netflix Original by Tina Fey and has Erin from The Office in it. It's really funny. I see a lot of throwbacks to 30 Rock, including some characters from there. Even the music and mood and humor is like 30 Rock, which I like.

I think it's about 13 30 minute episodes, so I should be done by the weekend. I've decided I'm starting some more dramas soon, like Mad Men and GoT. I need to watch Boardwalk as well and I liked the few Trueblood episodes I saw some time back. I bullshitted myself into thinking I had no free time with studying but I've clearly been...well..bullshitting myself and ended up watching every thing else. And I've been waiting to start GoT for years now. I watched a few episodes of season 1 in the winter of 2011, but just kind of stopped. Once that happened, the hype picked up real quick and everyone including my sister got into the craze with it.

I've heard Orange is the New Black is also good. Another NF original.

Oh and I don't know if I mentioned a show called Episodes on Showtime, but that was pretty good too. Speaking of Showtime, Shameless is lame as hell this season. And my sister started Homeland before me so I need to watch that.

I should've started this post with a "dear diary."

dilla

I asked everyone at work today, "Can you live with it?" haha, such a great show
I'm missing the reference.

That monologue with Mike explaining his son was some deep stuff. I'm glad they dedicated that episode to developing him a bit. I feel like this show is going to be about both these guy's lives before meeting Walt.

I can't remember from the BB days but was Mike introduced to Walt by Gus or Saul or somewhere else?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.