The Wu-Tang Manual b/w What're you listening to these days?

roaches

A:

http://tinyurl.com/56m84

Has anyone picked this up yet? As soon as I know I'll have time to read it, I'm copping. It fleshes out everything behind the Wu-Tang Clan. I have a couple of friends who say they listen to the albums a lot differently after reading it.

And, U-God supposedly talks about how having to do hundreds of takes for each verse made him a better person.

B:

What're you listening to these days? I finally took Urban Legend out of rotation, and replaced it with Slim Thug's album and Paul Wall & Chamillionaire's Controversy Sells. I'm also digesting a few of the albums our boy Sentenced recommended to me. DJ Drama's new mixtape for Big Boi's purple records is also great. "D Boy Stance" with Konkrete and Big Boi... whoo. That is 2Pac being scratched, right?

The last dozen or so songs I listened to were:
Bun B & the Middlefingaz - "Clutch City" (David Banner's beat is great)
David Banner - "Gangsta Walk" ft 3-6 Mafia and 8Ball & MJG
Dr. Dre - "Stranded on Death Row"
The Game - "Runnin"
Geto Boys - "G-Code"
Konkrete & Big Boi - "D-Boy Stance"
Miri Ben-Ari - "Sunshine"
Nas - "Just a Moment"
Paul Wall & Chamillionaire - "Backup Plan"
Rapper Big Pooh - "Now"
Slim Thug / Mike Jones / Paul Wall - "Still Tippin' (Diplo Remix)"

I listen alot to Little Brother the Foreign exchange Jean Grae and today I added 2 pete rock albums to my ''collection'' oh and canibus i listen to too. These are the ones I listen to the most apart from Canibus I listen to them records to relax.

Anticipating the Wu-Tang Manual, and once it arrives here I'm putting everything else on hold until I have finished reading it..

Not been listening to a whole lot besides the new Geto Boys, and Ras Kass' Goldyn Chyld recent tracks.

"until I go broke, I'll be a drug dealer" or something like that...sounds like Pac to me.

I been hearing the Manual is very good too

My boy was listening to Liquid Swords in his ride yesterday that's probably the first Wu I've heard in a year, haven't really followed them since the W so hopefully this'll make me dust off 36 chambers

As for now, I been listenin alot to Krayzie Bone Gemini cd , some tracks off the All Out War mixtape, and I dusted off the Kurupt - Originals cd since I only listened to it 1 or 2 times...

Thx for the Big Boi track, I'd love to hear the cd, yea thats Pac, My Definition Of A Thug Nigga

I'll hook you up with that Boogie Monsters album you like if you want, got them both on my pc

i saw the wu manual at media play like 3 days ago and it looked pretty kool, but i bunch of shit i didnt give a shit about, one being religon, i dont care what religon any wu members are i just wanna hear some new wu banging shit and second marital arts. I know the wu is big in the martial arts, hell their name is wu tang, but shit i just dont care. But hey the same things that interest me dont interest everyone, but it does have about every thing there is about wu tang and it looked extremely complete when i saw that shit... and the cover is simple but is sick as fuck, its like 20$ and i didnt have that much cash flow on me, but to all the wu heads this is a must have, pick that shit up asap
peace

Mase

B: Didn't listen to Streets Disciple much, Disk 1 alot more than Disk 2.
Brotha Lynch Hung - Season Of Da Siccness has revived back into my stereo, along with Ice Cube's Greatest Hits.
In the last month, the 2 Albums I would of listened to most though, would be To Tha X-Treme and The Documentary.

Lok

Hey roach did you have time to check the albums out or not really?

on topic:
I Been Bumpin Mr. Prime - Walking Wounded for almost a month now & Im only loving it more. The guy is from Mississippi, and his album is bananas. It's a personal type of album, the cat pours out his heart on this album, so I suggest you folks check it out if you into that type of style.

Mr. Prime - Head In My Hands
Mr. Prime - State of Mind
Mr. Prime - Where Would You Be?

(Im a sucker for graveyard covers)

P.S: I had to re-install Soulseek, so my name is lokbatan now.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.