"The World Is Yours" lyrics question

Jebus

"Born in correction all the wrong shit I did, he'll lead a right direction
How ya livin large, a broker charge, cards are mediocre
You flippin coke or playin spit spades in strip poker"

I'm positive that its wordplay(well i guess its an opinion) and my closest guess is that it has to do with jail time.

Can ya'll help me out.?

roaches

The first line - Nas is going to make sure his future son won't make the same mistakes he did (you didn't include the preceding line, which would've made it make sense).

The couplet- Nas is commenting on how shady pursuits like that are the wrong path to head down, but are common ways to get rich.

^^I've always seen that but im questioning:
"you flipping coke "OR" playing spit spades in strip poker

Don't knwo why but I think that its some sort of wordplay, I think i saw Fat joe once say he had to steep his game up after this line.

I honestly thought it was wordplay could be wrong tho

roaches

"playing spit spades in strip poker" or
"playing spit, spades, _and_ strip poker"

Spit, spades, and strip poker are all card games. I just thought of it as imagery.

See personally I had an idea.

I figure nas was dropping jewelz on his son you know like are you flipping coke or are you gambling youre life?

I also figured that since card games are popular in jail nas might be saying all selling coke'll get you is jail time

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.