The things that should be left out of albums , imo

disses
skits
talking before/during or after tracks.
Bonus tracks (or calling them bonus tracks)
Double albums. (you know what i mean)
dj's shouting

and theres more, anyone agree or disagree

xxx

I HATE skits.

And there should be no talking before/after tracks unless absolutely needed.

Keep the disses for sure.

Hate the tags/djs shouting but thats not really relevant to retail albums.

disses
U got to keep the disses. Every good Album has at least one good diss track (in one shape or form)

skits
I kinda agree with this one. The only time they should have any kind of skit before a song is when it has something to do with the song it self.

I don't really mind, but like the skits. it's got to be relevant to the song.

I agree with that.

If you mean having a second disc just to have remixes and BONUS tracks on then yeah. I agree with you on that one.

dj's shouting
yep. I hate those.

double albums are usually a pain listening to. skipping discs and all that, carrying them around, fitting in your disc rack, "eg, strees disiple". and they almost always have a few tracks that shouldnt be on there.

1. disses - i don't mind these so much, if its incorporated into a song or something,,
2. skits - yea, these are just as bad as commericals on tv, irrelevant and you just skip them (waste of money/time)
3. talking before/during or after tracks - depends if its part of the song..if its irrelevant then no point again
4. Bonus tracks (or calling them bonus tracks) - haha ya i agree..take those out or else leave them off the album and make an album of all the tracks that don't make the album cut (lost tapes, etc etc)
5. Double albums. (you know what i mean) - ya these are kinda pointless, you end up getting less songs on both cds,,its like one and half cds..if the artist is going to make a double album, make it TWO albums in one!
6. dj's shouting - these are usually in mixtapes only though,. this could also go for those weird calls and sounds that artists make,,(personally, i can't take that "bird call" or whatever it is that jadakiss does a lot)

The one thing I dont like about "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" is all the talking before the tracks, I know it adds to the feeling of the album, but it could be done without.

Sith Angel said:
U got to keep the disses. Every good Album has at least one good diss track (in one shape or form)
Illmatic?

_carmi

me, myself & us
disses: i disagree. every album should have at least one.

skits: must have a purposeé

talking before/during or after tracks : i dont like that. bothers me.

Bonus tracks (or calling them bonus tracks) : dont have a problem with them as long as they're good.

Double albums: got to be all great songs which is really hard. dont like much.

dj's shouting: gets annoying those shoutings

Frank Grimes said:
should not be there. i think we could do without beef in hip hop even though it brings out the best in MCs sometimes. i would rather have 2pac and biggie then some diss tracks.

Frank Grimes said:
should not be there. waste of time, i listen to cds for music, not someone trying to be funny.

Frank Grimes said:
should not be there.

Frank Grimes said:
should be there. the more music the better... its also a good way to trick the consumer into thinking they are getting more for their money.

Frank Grimes said:
if they can hold the quality of music over 2 discs go for it. otherwise - we dont need fillers!

Frank Grimes said:
dj's shouting
should not be there. are not often on albums anyway?

^^Skits are alright but they get tiresome 4 after a while, i like listnn to albums w/out havin 2 skip, But i cant stand the skits after a while, esp on college dropout!

Disses are needed, create some drama! And not every1 can access mixtapes easily, so its cool that they are on albums.

i dont mid the talking, kinda sets the mood, off teh top of my head eg: Jigga moment of clarity

gfunk said:
some albums have good skits tho for example, i like college dropouts skits
yea but skits have no replay value, , it would be all good if they could create a album and once you'v heard the skit it somehow disapeared of the album. and dont you hate when your cd player with 3 cd's in it is on "random" and it hits a skit.
Illmatic?
haha, he got you there

disses Are you Crazy? that is part of hip hop
skits most suck but some are funny, and rarely some are funny over and over again. I say keep them however.
talking before/during or after tracks. WTF? that is what makes alot of 2pac songs dope, his ad-libs
Bonus tracks (or calling them bonus tracks) uhhh I want the most bang for my buck! don't care if they call them bonus tracks or not. in fact I actully miss "Hidden Tracks" can't rember the last CD that had a "Hidden Track"(Dead Prez I guess is the last one I bought that did)
Double albums. (you know what i mean) Most the time Double CD's Suck, but there have been a fair amount of Classics. and usualy you get more for your money pay an extra $2 for 10 more songs! again I say Keep it!
dj's shouting No one can deny how much that sucks! I say end that shit and Exicute DJ Clue!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.